Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Bad Day at Sebring with Chin, Poor GT3 RS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Fritz Flynn is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad everyone was OK but loosing your brakes is about as bad as it gets. I had the exact same thing happen in 2006. A frozen pedal in my RX7 which I think was a brake booster problem. 1st and only time it ever happened to me but another RX7 had the exact same thing happen in the same corner. Here's the vid: YouTube - No Brakes! RX-7 at Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit

I have a feeling this isn't ABS related at all but more about vacuum pressure, check valve and or a brake booster issue.

Hopefully Porsche will take this problem seriously but nothing will be done unless the problem is reported to Porsche.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Fritz Flynn is an unknown quantity at this point
well, ABS Ice Mode finally got me... - Rennlist Discussion Forums

After reading the thread above I can see why ABS is leading the race as the problem and it also appears to be completely random which is some scary stuff.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Marc indeed!

I did this in my Mustang: FF to 1:50
YouTube - TRAKCAR Mustang Oops no brakes.

The bleeders on my Alcon calipers were not tightened by the shop!

All good en well on modified cars like RX7 and Old Mustang but on a new take-it-to-the-track-promo-movies-only RS??!!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
It is so disheartning to hear stuff like this. Coming from a GTR and GT3 to now an .2RS, it does seem that only a race car will do. Granted these types of incidents are far and few between, the coolant leak on tires, abs issues, it makes me real nervous to get on the track when my last track events were so much fun it made me upgrade to the RS. Although everyone was bashing every other type of sporty cars especially the Nissan and saying the P-car is the absolute best and are bulletproof for track use (i drank too much of heavy chevy's kool-aid), it just seems problems with the GT3 can lead to drivers crashing and potentially hurting themselves. I would have no issues if my tranny overheated or had my brakes fade early. Trying to fight a computer while under heavy braking is something we really don't need to be doing.

I love my car and will keep going to the track but I hate having to worry about all this stuff when I'm trying to just focus on the racing line and have fun.

Seeing the op's damaged car (i have the same color too) breaks my heart and i'm sure was gut wrenchingly awful for the owner from the moment it happened to reading these posts today. I'm still going to enjoy my car but unfortunately not so much now. Thankfully everyone was ok.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Peter, I know that feeling. It happened to me once in my gt3 at turn 1 at VIR. Thank god for plenty of run off room

Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
It happened to me once in my gt3 at turn 1 at VIR.
Mike, what happened?
When are you picking up your car?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
It didn't feel like ABS ICE. It was more of brake pedal to floor and I'm not slowing down fast enough. Re-did brake fluids and no problem the rest of the weekend

I'm driving down tuesday or Wednesday to see my family and pick the car up