Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Bad Day at Sebring with Chin, Poor GT3 RS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011 | 09:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Izzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mach01
I do not know for a fact whether or not the steel rotors make a difference, from what I have been hearing is that it does help because of the initial bite not being as aggressive. But then again i've read from others that it makes no difference.
Tire size was the same as stock.
So 19" Hoosier?

Are the 19" Hoosier the same overall diameter front and rear as stock?

Old 03-30-2011 | 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^Those were 18" track wheels in the pic

Old 03-30-2011 | 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
So now the speculation can stop and smarter comments can begin.
Thanks for facts

Having crashed a new RS myself I can relate to some of the feelings you must be having. Very sorry to hear this happened and of course very glad to hear nobody was hurt. Based on your information, it should be a relatively straight forward repair in the hands of a competent body shop.

Heard of the "ice" pedal on previous iterations but not on .2. I have friends driving on slicks on .2's and so far no problems. But it could be what happened to you.

Having driven many miles on Pagid Greens, my experience is initial bite before the pad is warmed up is very poor. Gave myself a few Code Browns with cold Green pads but after those experiences I was Mr.Turtle on warm-up laps to get heat into the pads.

Wish you nothing but the best in moving forward

Old 03-30-2011 | 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Mach01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by JC919
^Those were 18" track wheels in the pic
Those wheels can be 18" or 19".

Old 03-30-2011 | 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Mach01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by savyboy
Thanks for facts

Having crashed a new RS myself I can relate to some of the feelings you must be having. Very sorry to hear this happened and of course very glad to hear nobody was hurt. Based on your information, it should be a relatively straight forward repair in the hands of a competent body shop.

Heard of the "ice" pedal on previous iterations but not on .2. I have friends driving on slicks on .2's and so far no problems. But it could be what happened to you.

Having driven many miles on Pagid Greens, my experience is initial bite before the pad is warmed up is very poor. Gave myself a few Code Browns with cold Green pads but after those experiences I was Mr.Turtle on warm-up laps to get heat into the pads.

Wish you nothing but the best in moving forward
You are right those pads take a good 2 laps or so before they work to there potential. I was already on my 5 or 6th Lap.

Old 03-30-2011 | 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
You are right those pads take a good 2 laps or so before they work to there potential. I was already on my 5 or 6th Lap.
And I was just informed by a track pal with a 2010 GT3RS that he gets the ice pedal at Laguna coming into T11. He runs oversized Hoosiers. Sounds like ice pedal got you

According to him, requires a full brake pedal release of approx 1 second and then very smooth reapplication to get nose down then full pressure.

A lot to think about when you are running fast and at the limit.

Best of luck and again very glad to hear no one was hurt!

Old 03-30-2011 | 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond reputeSWATDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear that you are OK, everything else can be replaced.

Old 03-30-2011 | 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear you're alright! That's what is truly important. Keep us updated on the repairs to the car.

Old 03-30-2011 | 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad that you and your student came out OK. It must have been a scary ride.
Cars can be fixed or replaced.

You would be well within your right to fire out some nasty comments because of some of the earlier posts in this thread. You're obviously quite controlled...good for you!

Old 03-30-2011 | 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
firefisher is infamous around these partsfirefisher is infamous around these partsfirefisher is infamous around these partsfirefisher is infamous around these partsfirefisher is infamous around these partsfirefisher is infamous around these parts
I do not know for a fact whether or not the steel rotors make a difference, from what I have been hearing is that it does help because of the initial bite not being as aggressive. But then again i've read from others that it makes no difference.
Tire size was the same as stock.
Mach01 stated he used the same size tires. On rennlist, different tire size may be a contributing factor along with slicks. It seems the slicks can cause particles to clog the ABS system sensors. The control system works from speed sensors at each wheel. These sensors can become deadened by brake dust and or tire particles causing them to fail to read the speed correctly or communicate the data correctly.

Quick Reply: A Bad Day at Sebring with Chin, Poor GT3 RS!