Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY GT2RS Homecoming Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Only thing that would make it look better is if I was behind the wheel. Sucks to hear it didn't wow you though.

Last edited by JonA85; 03-27-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Only thing that would make it look better is if I was behind the wheel. Sucks to hear it didn't wow you though.
Wait until you drive it Jon, I think you will see what I mean. I've been thinking about this a lot all afternoon. One of the fundamental problems with this car is that it's really not designed to be exciting on the street. At 3000rpm it just cruises on the highway. Very smooth. Touch the gas and you're over 100mph before you can look down at the speedo. Circular Off ramps can be taken with one hand at 60mph with little effort. Touch the brakes at 70mph and your chest is tugging against the shoulder belt (for some reason these PCCB's seem to have even more bite than my 3RS). It's impossible to get a rush from this car without risking jail time. I think that's why I need to get it on the track. The real potential of this car is all at 100mph++ into turns and 130mph++ out of them. I know this car will easily hit 160mph at the end of the long straight at Monticello. So come late April, I'll have the track view to compare with my first street experience.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 03-27-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Wait until you drive it Jon, I think you will see what I mean. I've been thinking about this a lot all afternoon. One of the fundamental problems with this car is that it's really not designed to be exciting on the street. At 3000rpm it just cruises on the highway. Very smooth. Touch the gas and you're over 100mph before you can look down at the speedo. Circular Off ramps can be taken with one hand at 60mph with little effort. Touch the brakes at 70mph and your chest is tugging against the shoulder belt. It's impossible to get a rush from this car without risking jail time. I think that's why I need to get it on the track. The real potential of this car is all at 100mph++ into turns and 130mph++ out of them.
That's a wow factor for me. Given it doesn't sound anything like the GTO, but to get those turbos going and watch the needles climb is a rush for me. I got a wow factor from a 996 TT, I think this will blow my mind.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
will you even track the 2RS more than once since you have a cup car

Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Wait until you drive it Jon, I think you will see what I mean. I've been thinking about this a lot all afternoon. One of the fundamental problems with this car is that it's really not designed to be exciting on the street. At 3000rpm it just cruises on the highway. Very smooth. Touch the gas and you're over 100mph before you can look down at the speedo. Circular Off ramps can be taken with one hand at 60mph with little effort. Touch the brakes at 70mph and your chest is tugging against the shoulder belt (for some reason these PCCB's seem to have even more bite than my 3RS). It's impossible to get a rush from this car without risking jail time. I think that's why I need to get it on the track. The real potential of this car is all at 100mph++ into turns and 130mph++ out of them. I know this car will easily hit 160mph at the end of the long straight at Monticello. So come late April, I'll have the track view to compare with my first street experience.

When I read about modern sports cars, this notion often comes across my mind. These cars are getting SO good that they just aren't fun to drive around town. Is that a bad thing? who knows. The problem is that these are so capable that the slightest input gets you arrested on the street. Yes this car could squash something like an e30 M3 like a bug, but driving around town you can wind the shit outta that m3 and only risk a speeding ticket, not getting your license taken away all the while enjoying it immensely. It makes you wonder.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
You definitely don't want to take a car like this for granted. There's a reason why the GT2 has earned the nickname, the "widowmaker." I guess you could easily be led to think that it's an "easy" car to drive but once it gets away from you then it might be very hard to catch before getting yourself into some real trouble.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard the White ones are more fun to drive

Thanks for the review.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I've heard the White ones are more fun to drive

Thanks for the review.
White naturally makes it faster.

P.S. This is my 3000th post. Ok time for me to get off the soapbox.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
You definitely don't want to take a car like this for granted. There's a reason why the GT2 has earned the nickname, the "widowmaker." I guess you could easily be led to think that it's an "easy" car to drive but once it gets away from you then it might be very hard to catch before getting yourself into some real trouble.
To be fair, that nickname was given to the 996 because it had no driver's aids. Not saying the 2rs isn't as rowdy with its power bump, but it has the aids..

Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
If you ever want someone to take it off your hands

Quick Reply: MY GT2RS Homecoming Pics