Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 owners, is the GT2 really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ This!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Yes please!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished road
Ultimate PCar stable for me would be
997.2 GT3 RS
and
997 GT2 RS

but my 2nd best pcar stable would be
997.1 GT3 and a 997.1 GT2...I got 50% of this

So to answer question...Yea a GT2 is Bad....as in BAD @$$

Old 03-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
The 993 GT2 over them all...
Actually looks wise I would even take the 993 Carrera RS over the 996 GT2

Old 03-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Little out of topic but did not want to open another thread:

Has anyone among the 997GT2 owners tested their cars on a Dyno to check the real power produced?

Need to know as we have already Three members in our Club which had their cars tested and they got ALL a sad surprise... 480/485HP against the declared 530HP...
Three is too much to be a coincidence...
This is nearly the power of the 996 Widow Maker...
Pls let me know if you have same/different results.
Thanks a lot for you help

Last edited by Ressy; 03-25-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ressy
Little out of topic but did not want to open another thread:

Has anyone among the 997GT2 owners tested their cars on a Dyno to check the real power produced?

Need to know as we have already Three members in our Club which had their cars tested and they got ALL a sad surprise... 480/485HP against the declared 530HP...
Three is too much to be a coincidence...
This is nearly the power of the 996 Widow Maker...
Pls let me know if you have same/different results.
Thanks a lot for you help
I have had mine in standard form tested by Manthey on their Maha at 542PS and on RS Tuning engine dyno at 544PS DIN. Both companies said all the GT2s they had tested made around these numbers ie 10-15PS more than quoted by Porsche.

The problem your friends have is likely the dyno, the GT2 in particular needs proper cooling through the intercoolers as its 1.4/1.5bar boost quickly heats up and the power will drop away. Secondly they are very sensitive to fuel octane and need minimum of 98RON to give the power, even 97 RON can lose 50hp....

BTW this thread is a bit silly, 997GT2 are THE best 911 to date for guenuine Porsche driving enthusiasts but the facts are that most people buy turbo cabrio automatics so the resale value of the GT2 is not underpinned by strong demand, In the UK at least the limited production run of 62 cars for 2008/9 means the values will remain quite strong, other markets are different.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
must be the dyno then....
thanks for answering!

Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Factory claimed horsepower is engine horse power, dyno results are wheel horse power, usualy there's an average 15% loss and porsche has the lowest Los % of any other car I know, 485 out of 530 is outstanding!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point
it's a beast , fast like crazy even if it's a standard !

i wonder how many 997 GT2 were built ?

any idea guys ?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GT2-TO is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
We all know GT2 are fast in straight line, but you don't need to talk nonsense here.

Get yourself a stock GT2 and I welcome you to play at my local track with my bone stock GT3RS. If you can eat mine for breakfast I'll give you my RS for free.

Straight line acceleration is not everything. It is just a number for kids to discuss after reading their car magazines.
I think the point is the GT2 can drive thru the corners as well as a GT3 but with the extra 200lb tq and 80hp it is quicker.

Attached Images    

Quick Reply: GT2 owners, is the GT2 really that bad?