Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Deposit Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gah993
actually it is the cd player...it kept eating cd's
theres a cd player in the CGT!??!

I know there is, Ive just never used it

Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 81911
I swear people online know so much more then people in the dealers and within Porsche.
ask CGT owners how long their clutches last

and till the day I die a 20k clutch job in a 450k car will still piss me off beyond belief

Old 03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Auctung
theres a cd player in the CGT!??!

I know there is, Ive just never used it
AND Navigation!! lol

Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
AND Navigation!! lol
I saw a friend use his before, I wont even try to use that useless crap

Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Why would it need a battery in 3 years? The Cayenne doesn't. The Panamera won't. Maybe half you guys should stop making asinine assumptions and wait till you get info and facts.
Orly?

Originally Posted by Zorro
If the car doesn't get driven often enough and the battery isn't on a tender, I can see that happening.

Around here where all the nice cars/bikes are in storage for 5-6 winter at a time, a battery lasting 3 years is the norm.

Thank you Zorro. Also if you have the wrong battery tender/charger it could and can possibly cause the battery to go bad which is one of the reasons it happened in GAH case.

I would not call questions that ask the price or cost of maintenance on a hybrid set up asinine. It cost quite a pretty penny to perform maintenance on Toyota Hybrid system. So I am sure it will cost far more on a Porsche system. Or maybe we should all just stop assuming things and wait till the rest of the info comes out

Old 03-24-2011, 06:04 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
AND Navigation!! lol
I never understood the point of it. Maybe one or two owners will use it. A little TomTom would be far easier to use.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I cannot quote on mobile however I'm sorry the "norm" is three years for the Hybrid batteries. However this is Porsche's go, nobody else's. Do you know the manufacturing differences of the batteries? Or long term issues? No, not from Porsche you do not nor have been out long enough. If you're so worried about that you should speak to someone directly instead of internet hearsay, otherwise its a storm of misinformation and ignorance.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Don't see myself jumping into the 918. I love the design, but Porsche asking for a $400k commit 12 month in advance on a sight unseen, $845k car is a bit much.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Don't see myself jumping into the 918. I love the design, but Porsche asking for a $400k commit 12 month in advance on a sight unseen, $845k car is a bit much.
I totally agree!!!! I got a fed-ex from Porsche yesterday with the invitation to order the car.

I think they need to rethink their deposit policy, to tie up 400K for a couple of years with no return on that money...I don't think so.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot quote on mobile however I'm sorry the "norm" is three years for the Hybrid batteries. However this is Porsche's go, nobody else's. Do you know the manufacturing differences of the batteries? Or long term issues? No, not from Porsche you do not nor have been out long enough. If you're so worried about that you should speak to someone directly instead of internet hearsay, otherwise its a storm of misinformation and ignorance.
I suppose this was for me? I can't be bothered replying. I'm sure Porsche's magic fairies will defy basic physics.

Last edited by Zorro; 03-24-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: 918 Deposit Information