Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
MSRP is $845,000. That is what was told to the dealer group. There is a cap on units at a max of 918. They are going to be build to order, first come first served. Getting my clients order in today if possible.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
The design’s DNA is derived from the Carrera GT and Porsche 917 sports car
OH PLEASE!!!

How dare they compare it to the 917 or the CGT?

No mention of weight anywhere, I wonder why ...

!=

Last edited by Zorro; 03-21-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by latterlon
When your 918 is delivered 2-1/2 years from now, wouldn't you want a matching 991 Turbo instead?

Note to Porsche, keep the hybrid tech (and it's extra weight) and drop the price accordingly. The 918 would be a tremendous car with just the V8 (twin turbo anyone?)
The Turbo S, for those who choose to buy it would be delivered this summer according to the article.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Oh look! Another 911 variant!

Hope they can sell all of the 918s at 845k, that will not be an easy feat. Might be a bit more realistic closer to the expected delivery time.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
That Turbo S is extremely tacky.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Oh look, another Porsche thread where people cry 'OUTRAGEOUS' and 'HOW DARE THEY' and 'I'M PISSING AND MOANING .........BECAUSE......WELL..........I DON'T KNOW BUT I THINK OF A GOOD REASON............DAMN IT!!'

lolz.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^
Isn't that most your posts to everything non-Porsche?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
My point was that the current 997 turbo S will be old hat compared to the new 991 Turbo when the 918 is finally delivered. Maybe this SE is to tide over buyers while they wait.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Oh look, another Porsche thread where people cry 'OUTRAGEOUS' and 'HOW DARE THEY' and 'I'M PISSING AND MOANING .........BECAUSE......WELL..........I DON'T KNOW BUT I THINK OF A GOOD REASON............DAMN IT!!'

lolz.
Here are a couple good reasons.

#1 - Yet another stupid 911 variant. How many are they up to now?

#2 - comparing a hybrid with the 917. The 917 was made to obliterate everyone's minds at LeMans. The 918 hybrid is built by a marketing department thinking "oh, green cars are so in right now! Let's make sure we omit the weight, and insist on a 25mi full electric range".

#3 - 845k.

Don't be a fanboy. There are many things wrong with the 918. You'll still sell a bunch of them to poseurs who must have the most expensive Porsche available.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by latterlon
My point was that the current 997 turbo S will be old hat compared to the new 991 Turbo when the 918 is finally delivered. Maybe this SE is to tide over buyers while they wait.
I don't think we will see a 991 TT before the 918 Spyder is launched.
Still 6 months before they even present the 991 Carrera.

Quick Reply: Official: Order books open for 918 Spyder! priced from $845,000 USD