Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only 918 Porsche 918's will be built.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I dont think it looks better than a Carrera GT, if I had the choice of getting a GT2RS or a 918 I'd pick the GT2RS because it looks like better value to me for the performance.
+1!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Only other info was that Porsche is offering a "Special Edition" for the Middle East market that will use the air intakes above the engine (the ones that pop up) as RPG Launchers!
Originally Posted by ljg
I thought you were serious when I started reading that, quickly went down hill...
Me too. I was thinking of pop up intakes and how they would look on a 918.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Zeus
You sound pretty confident in that statement. Do tell... It is still my belief that Porsche will "dumb-down" the next (991) GT2RS so as to not compete with the 918; at least as far as perfomance numbers are concerned.

Let's hope not.
700 hp versus 620 plus a better platform and a faster transmission. And the head of Porsche was recently quoted in an interview where he was speaking of future hybrid models as stating that the next GT2 would HAVE to have more HP than the current model. The thing that excites me about the 918 is all of that extra torque from the hybrid system when accelerating out of a corner. That in combination with the high revving race motor is going to be amazing.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
700 hp versus 620 plus a better platform and a faster transmission. And the head of Porsche was recently quoted in an interview where he was speaking of future hybrid models as stating that the next GT2 would HAVE to have more HP than the current model. The thing that excites me about the 918 is all of that extra torque from the hybrid system when accelerating out of a corner. That in combination with the high revving race motor is going to be amazing.
Please don't think I don't believe the car will be spectacular. I love just about everything Porsche. I just think the price point will limit this to a 400 car run if that.

I'm not too excited myself about the front wheel drive even though it will be minimal but the car is very pretty. I look forward to hearing your review once you become an owner.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hamann7
I'd be willing to bet 100 bucks that this car will crush it's competition upon it's release. It will be a big F YOU to everyone, including McLaren, at about which time we will be hearing about catastrophic failures/warranty claims of British electronics (anyone remember Lucas, the Prince of Darkness?) and technocrap in the MP4 like every other British car ever made before it. One needs to remember that the Macca F1 did not rely on nearly as much electronics and it had a proven BMW motor architecture, and as crappy as BMW engines are, it's still light years ahead of anything from England.

The 918 will be substantially faster than any production Porsche before it, you can bet on it. Almost 90% of CGT owners I know are ready to pounce on their spots.
Tyson,
it's a big F ME already if the hybrid makes to production. i know it's going to. i'm just dreaming it won't be.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I am with Mark on this one...
and that is why I believe Porsche will need to accept making less on the bottom line to make this car fly of the shelfs

Old 02-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
j09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to all
So, what is the point of this? Just another 'my dealer told me' kinda thing?

Old 02-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
90% of CGT owners? $600-700k is a totally different market.

I know of no one that is waiting to pounce. I only know 4 or 5 CGT owners though.
Pft, you don't know any more? You're a pathetic man.

Lol J/K, I know none so you are quite the baller.

I can't wait until the 918 goes into production and autocar or TG gets their hands on it! It will in some ways be the same revolution like the CGT was about 7 years ago if the real thing lives up to the specification.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
my bet is they will sell every single car they make, it will be the ultimate Porsche and set the standard and people will have to have it

Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by h20skier
Please don't think I don't believe the car will be spectacular. I love just about everything Porsche. I just think the price point will limit this to a 400 car run if that.

I'm not too excited myself about the front wheel drive even though it will be minimal but the car is very pretty. I look forward to hearing your review once you become an owner.
I wish that they would limit the production to 400 cars as well but unfortunately they most likely will not. As far a "front wheel drive" I believe you were referring to "all wheel drive" and if so I can tell you from experience that if done right the "all wheel drive" can only benefit this car. My 993 Twin Turbo that I had for 10 years was an amazing car and it had all wheel drive. Compare the acceleration of the new 911 Turbo to the GT2. The 911 Turbo, although down on horsepower versus the GT2 has amazing numbers 0-60 and 0-100. The reason for this is all-wheel drive and PDK. The 918 is going to pull off amazing numbers because it will have the faster transmission, all wheel drive, extra torque (from batteries), and electronic aids that my C-GT does not. Does this mean a better driving experience? That remains to be seen, but I can guarantee that the 918 will SMOKE my C-GT around the track and most likely will set records just as the C-GT did.

Quick Reply: Only 918 Porsche 918's will be built.