Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only 918 Porsche 918's will be built.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
And I guarantee this car will MSRP at high 500kS and have very little to any options. Look at the CGT for example, how many options were there really? So the once it is optioned out argument is out the window. This is a halo car not a 911S.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hamann7
I'd be willing to bet 100 bucks that this car will crush it's competition upon it's release. It will be a big F YOU to everyone, including McLaren, at about which time we will be hearing about catastrophic failures/warranty claims of British electronics (anyone remember Lucas, the Prince of Darkness?) and technocrap in the MP4 like every other British car ever made before it. One needs to remember that the Macca F1 did not rely on nearly as much electronics and it had a proven BMW motor architecture, and as crappy as BMW engines are, it's still light years ahead of anything from England.

The 918 will be substantially faster than any production Porsche before it, you can bet on it. Almost 90% of CGT owners I know are ready to pounce on their spots.
90% of CGT owners? $600-700k is a totally different market.

I know of no one that is waiting to pounce. I only know 4 or 5 CGT owners though.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Kai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Stephan
At what price
$918K

Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I would listen to Mark. He knows his shit.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Regardless of what people think; the car will be the talk of the town for sure.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I am ready to "pounce". And rest assured the 918 will outperform the GT2 RS. The RS is an amazing car but the 918 will be a step above.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Have you placed your deposit? ^^

Old 02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
I am ready to "pounce". And rest assured the 918 will outperform the GT2 RS. The RS is an amazing car but the 918 will be a step above.
You sound pretty confident in that statement. Do tell... It is still my belief that Porsche will "dumb-down" the next (991) GT2RS so as to not compete with the 918; at least as far as perfomance numbers are concerned.

Let's hope not.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Still unconvinced on the looks.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think it looks better than a Carrera GT, if I had the choice of getting a GT2RS or a 918 I'd pick the GT2RS because it looks like better value to me for the performance.

Quick Reply: Only 918 Porsche 918's will be built.