Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very cool 11' GT3 RS in Green at Suncoast!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
porsche332 is an unknown quantity at this point
Expense of pads and rotors for track day car

Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hg_wng
PCCB is bad? on a track day car?
indeed!
on our Porsche Club all track-day cars are fitted with normal rotors.
If a car is (unfortunately) sold only with PCCB (GT2 or GT2RS example)we change them even before it gets ou from the Dealer.
PCCB are kept (new) for when the car will be sold again...
PCCB on track wear as fast as steel ones, and they do not perform any better...
A lot of money spent for nothing in my opinion.
Hopefully the GT3 RS LE I have optioned will not be fitted with PCCB...

Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Reminds me of a friend of mine

Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Green looks better on the 997.1 GT3RS, my favourite 997.2 RS is in Red.
I agree 100%.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
The Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond reputeThe Credit Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
Because it is a Track Day car, and if you really want to use it on the circuit the biggest error you can commit would be fitting PCCB on it...
Well, I'll keep making the "biggest error", at least according to you. From my CS to Scuderia to GT3 RS the carbon-ceramic brakes are fantastic on both road and track.

Porsche's latest generation PCCBs are reliable, have awesome stopping power (once warmed up) and have less unsprung weight; the latter which improves handling at the margin.

You can also drive the snot of the car, wash it quick, and park it without f#cking around with brake dust.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Credit Man
Well, I'll keep making the "biggest error", at least according to you. From my CS to Scuderia to GT3 RS the carbon-ceramic brakes are fantastic on both road and track.

Porsche's latest generation PCCBs are reliable, have awesome stopping power (once warmed up) and have less unsprung weight; the latter which improves handling at the margin.

You can also drive the snot of the car, wash it quick, and park it without f#cking around with brake dust.
Don't forget about never even thinking about brake fade either.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Cool, I like it!

Old 02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
It seems like there are a lot more loud color GT3RS's in .1 than in .2

Am I wrong?

Old 02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Credit Man
I am a fan of PCCB.

The ones in my 996 GT2 were fine after events at Sears Point, etc.

And NOT BRAKE DUST!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool spec!

Quick Reply: Very cool 11' GT3 RS in Green at Suncoast!