Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011 | 07:24 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
GT2 RS Question

Does the GT2RS have launch control?

Old 02-08-2011 | 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
F yes. I did my car with 10 miles on the ODO. Rev limiter in first is below the regular redline. Reason being, the minute you side step the clutch, you must cover the clutch back to shift to second, and by then the car would be beyond first gear. A person cannot move fast enough. I know this sounds crazy, but it's true.

This car has 620 HP under your foot 100% of the time. Porsche was giddy about that.

Old 02-08-2011 | 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold
this thing sounds just stupid fast... man I am jealous my friend. and I do not say that often

Old 02-08-2011 | 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Well, we can tune these turbo's to be face distorting, but the 2 RS is just that right out of the box. It pulls non stop from first to sixth. When I did launch, I was at 100 mph in 6 seconds my guess. I browned my pants.

Old 02-08-2011 | 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute

This car is 9-1-1 perfection

Old 02-09-2011 | 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
Well, we can tune these turbo's to be face distorting, but the 2 RS is just that right out of the box. It pulls non stop from first to sixth. When I did launch, I was at 100 mph in 6 seconds my guess. I browned my pants.
thats great...truly an amazing car

Old 02-09-2011 | 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
JC, so it's true I don't have to run mine in? That's what my dealer told me. I'm sure I would need to bed the brakes in at least?

Old 02-09-2011 | 07:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Mike S
JC, so it's true I don't have to run mine in? That's what my dealer told me. I'm sure I would need to bed the brakes in at least?
Mike, these cars are made to race from day 1. Mile 1. I've never waited. They stress that the motor is up to temperature, then boom.
Now, protocol states you must keep it under 4k for a while and never go to redline for a couple thousand miles. Blah. I asked important people. They smiled and said drive the car.

Old 02-09-2011 | 07:25 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Mike home about some GoPro HD Launch Control videos ?

Old 02-09-2011 | 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
Mike, these cars are made to race from day 1. Mile 1. I've never waited. They stress that the motor is up to temperature, then boom.
Now, protocol states you must keep it under 4k for a while and never go to redline for a couple thousand miles. Blah. I asked important people. They smiled and said drive the car.
Thanks for the clarification. Now I can get ready to soil my pants

Originally Posted by sinan
^^ Mike home about some GoPro HD Launch Control videos ?
Hahaha, sure I need to wait for th weekend.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Question