Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
^Be extra careful of your red seats. Brown clashes.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
There goes my racing stripe idea

Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute
I think I had about 900 km on my car when I was at the Porsche Sport Driving School at the Nurburgring :-) Now problems, and the car felt great! Can't wait until the snow goes away...
Will anybody else be at the PSDS Nurburgring 9-10 of May?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
There we go Mike, you can take it past 65% throttle

Old 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mike S
There goes my racing stripe idea
lllllllllooooolllllllllll

Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Does the GT2RS have launch control?
Question: what's the point of having Launch Control on a manual car?
With a normal gear stick and a clutch the launch control is the driver itself!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^ is this a rhetorical question with the inevitable conclusion being that if you can't launch your car perfectly you have no skills? Obviously the answer is that it allows you to have a perfect launch, optimizing the speed and minimizing the wheel spin, all of which maximize performance. You don't have to use it.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
^ is this a rhetorical question with the inevitable conclusion being that if you can't launch your car perfectly you have no skills? Obviously the answer is that it allows you to have a perfect launch, optimizing the speed and minimizing the wheel spin, all of which maximize performance. You don't have to use it.
No it is not rhetorical! And I do not mean to offend anyone whatsoever! Sorry if someone has intented so!
I really would like to know how a launch control works on a manual car.
Afaik on an auomatic car the LC is meant to do what you say: There is not clutch and you cannot control the way/amount of torque sent to the driving wheels, this is in fact done by the launch control for you.
But in a manual car how this can happen? The driver has to act on the clutch to start and eventually shifting the upper gears making the LC useless. Wheel spinning is eventually avoided by Traction Control already.
Am I missing someting?

Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
No it is not rhetorical! And I do not mean to offend anyone whatsoever! Sorry if someone has intented so!
I really would like to know how a launch control works on a manual car.
Afaik on an auomatic car the LC is meant to do what you say: There is not clutch and you cannot control the way/amount of torque sent to the driving wheels, this is in fact done by the launch control for you.
But in a manual car how this can happen? The driver has to act on the clutch to start and eventually shifting the upper gears making the LC useless. Wheel spinning is eventually avoided by Traction Control already.
Am I missing someting?
You are missing a key piece of the puzzle. Launch control in a manual holds the RPM at the ideal launch level, even though you have the throttle to the floor. You sidestep the clutch and you go. No real timing involved like getting it on the upswing or anything like that. Of course, you still have to shift into second gear and beyond yourself.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
^And that's what is so damn fun^

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Question