Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer won't /can't tell me what points they will cover in the Carrera GT service

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Donnie
Strange situation - Carrera GT in with Toronto dealer for new battery - I'm going to get it serviced - maybe the larger engine out service.

We ask what points get covered in the service.

They say we don't break it down - they don't have a list.

EH? You must know.

I`m going to call them myself as my PA phoned them, but this don't sound right...?

I mean they must have something scribbled down ... I want to check the list against some of the threads detailing services to see how thorough as service it will be.
There is a complete checklist for both minor and major service - yup, the CGT has two types of regular maintenance. It's all available on the Porsche Dealer Service intranet. I've seen it myself. I wouldn't allow your dealer to touch your car if they can't even provide you with this "simple" printout. Let me know if you need more assistance ~ I'll see if I can grab the PDF files for you.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Possibly they won't be doing the work and hiring it out to someone else?

If the dealer isn't equipped to do it don't do it.

My service had a break down of hours and parts and what was covered when I did mine.
Yeah, we have had no issue going through a punchlist with either of our CGT clients. You want to know what your writing that check for. If your dealer can't even give you a list or an explanation strange things are afoot at the Porsche dealer,

Last edited by Brobbins016; 01-31-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it's not that uncommon. just sounds like the dealer never done one before so they have no clue what's involved. that's just a red flag there i would go somewhere else to do it.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Definitely dont let them touch it!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carreragt558
I was hoping to see some newer pics of your beautiful car....
THANKS!
I am honored and I shall try my best to come up with new pictures of the CGT

Old 02-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond reputeohhaiguys has a reputation beyond repute
Pfaff or DFC? Those are about the only two Porsche dealerships in the GTA LOL.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
If they can service the car, they should be able to break it down for you. The place I worked (sold 4 CGTs new) could pinpoint every procedure they went through.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
don't take the risk man, you wouldn't want they screwing up your car

Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
As everyone has said, do not let them touch the car. Not worth the risk.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
if they dont know, wont tell you, or havent done it before, RUN!!

its a simple print out on their compu, my dealer printed it all out for me BEFORE they did any work. Its also all in your owners manual of whats to be done at which service, you can even have some stuff done that may need to be done soon, but isnt part of the current scheduled maintance.

put it on a truck and send it else where, one tiny mistake or over sight will cost you endless amount of time to find and correct, and possibly even more money....

Quick Reply: Dealer won't /can't tell me what points they will cover in the Carrera GT service