Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this? Quiz of the day with video!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
DoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to allDoctaM3 is a name known to all
Question What is this? Quiz of the day with video!

Saw this in Dubai, UAE today. It has be confused because of several things going on at the same time... I know, I know, the first is the color, but after you get past that, I can't seem t classify this car.

So, to the guru's, tell me what this is. Is it a 996 GT3, a 997 GT3 (hmmm... exhaust is wrong) or something else? Its the UAE so anything goes, including mix and match combo.

YouTube - Pretty in PINK!!!!! Porsche GT3 in HOT Pink In Dubai, UAE Juicy Couture

Guru's chime in!

PS, oddly, the pink was.. uhmm... "attractive"

Old 01-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
997 Carrera S with factory aerokit.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Wrong^^

It's a Targa 4 (non S) with an Aerokit.

Gawd awful!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
not a targa... the roof is covered in matte black... non S carrera 4.

hideous!

Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
KelvinC is on a distinguished roadKelvinC is on a distinguished roadKelvinC is on a distinguished roadKelvinC is on a distinguished roadKelvinC is on a distinguished road
Actually, it seems to be a standard Carrera to me (non S, non 4).

Here's a picture of it, a widebody 4's taillights would not be flush with the bumper as this is, they have a little bit of a inset gap.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/...292cd075_o.jpg

Last edited by KelvinC; 01-27-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I had no clue Jox lived in the UAE

Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
It's a NON shined turd, can we all agree on that?

Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Well and truly hideous.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KelvinC
Actually, it seems to be a standard Carrera to me (non S, non 4).

Here's a picture of it, a widebody 4's taillights would not be flush with the bumper as this is, they have a little bit of a inset gap.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/...292cd075_o.jpg

Correct.

C'mon Stoppie, obviously isn't a Targa. The window line is round, does not come to a point in the back as per Targa. You sell these things!

Square exhaust = non-S
Roof = non-Targa

997 with aerokit. Can't tell about the 4 part from the video, personally. Hips could go either way and it blurs when I look at the taillights from the back.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by wyatth
Correct.

C'mon Stoppie, obviously isn't a Targa. The window line is round, does not come to a point in the back as per Targa. You sell these things!

Square exhaust = non-S
Roof = non-Targa

997 with aerokit. Can't tell about the 4 part from the video, personally. Hips could go either way and it blurs when I look at the taillights from the back.
This!