Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Porsches - GT3RS vs Speedster vs GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Wow nice post, great video, really enjoyed that!!! If I had to rate these on a desire to own basis that incorporates both "want" and cost it would be...

1) GT3 RS - Is there anything not to like about this car!?
2) Carrera GTS Cab - Unique, fast, sounds reallyy good, collectible and comes with RS Spyder Centerlocking wheels
3) Speedster - They're going to be hot when they come out because of the low volume, 96 total for the U.S. market. In a lot of ways I feel like it's a glorified GTS Cab. Either way, I'm extremely glad Porsche is building this car... It's going to be awesome!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I went to a dealer today, and saw a Carrara White C2GTS, and a Black C2GTS cab, both right next to a Boxster Spyder. I wasnt as impressed as I thought I'd be, but the GTS does look very muscular. I loved how sporty it looked, loved the exhaust tips, alcantara, etc. The GTS is an awesome car, but you just get so much more for your money with the GT3 and GT3 RS. IMHO, the GT3 looks much better than the GT3 RS depending on the color combo. I've seen a couple 997.2 GT3s and GT3 RSs, and they are just so much more enticing than the GTS.

The dealer near me said they'd be getting a Carrara White Speedster in in April, so I still don't have any strong opinons on that car. I guess my only complaint for the Speedster, is no manual transmission, and the fact that it costs 3x as much as the Boxster Spyder.

I'll post a video of the two GTSs and Boxster Spyder together later this week, and for sure a video of the Speedster when it arrives.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
is it just me or does that guy's voice sound kinda like the woman in NFS HP?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Carrara
I went to a dealer today, and saw a Carrara White C2GTS, and a Black C2GTS cab, both right next to a Boxster Spyder. I wasnt as impressed as I thought I'd be, but the GTS does look very muscular. I loved how sporty it looked, loved the exhaust tips, alcantara, etc. The GTS is an awesome car, but you just get so much more for your money with the GT3 and GT3 RS. IMHO, the GT3 looks much better than the GT3 RS depending on the color combo. I've seen a couple 997.2 GT3s and GT3 RSs, and they are just so much more enticing than the GTS.

The dealer near me said they'd be getting a Carrara White Speedster in in April, so I still don't have any strong opinons on that car. I guess my only complaint for the Speedster, is no manual transmission, and the fact that it costs 3x as much as the Boxster Spyder.

I'll post a video of the two GTSs and Boxster Spyder together later this week, and for sure a video of the Speedster when it arrives.
WOW a carrera white Speedster, like what evo mag said, that will ironically be the rarer colour for this car

Old 01-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hg_wng
WOW a carrera white Speedster, like what evo mag said, that will ironically be the rarer colour for this car
I can't tell you how excited I was when the salesguy's words of "Carrara White" preceded the word "Speedster". April is going to be a great month. The world's largest Porsche gathering also happens every April in PA (just a heads up to anyone that wants to go).

Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
nyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Carrara

I think the GTS is a sleeper and really a great value for what you are getting. The gt3 and rs also amazing cars but fo somebody that will never take the car to the track the gts is probably the best driving 911 built yet and I like that it does not stand out too much

Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sayyar is an unknown quantity at this point
great vid

Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
Im thinking of getting gts Cab. Have one on order comes in april will see if i change my mind.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Eniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura aboutEniffer has a spectacular aura about
I've got 2 x speedsters coming next month that I have sold to 2 clients. Very lucky to get x2 one of the customers has a sport classic and a gt2rs. 1 is pure blue 1 in white when they are here I will post pics.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Porsches - GT3RS vs Speedster vs GTS