Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manteinance cost for a CARRERA GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sean73T
If the car has been well taken care of since day one, I have found it to be relatively low maintenance. My uncles car has about 11k miles on the car, and in the past year, I would say he has spent maybe $500 on the car maintenance wise. Otherwise, very few minor problems over the course of ownership. Same goes for friends of his who have owned the car since new.
Originally Posted by A430v
Father has a CGT. Very low maintenance. Assuming no clutch change (about 25k parts + labor), you're only looking at yearly oil changes if low mileage at around $900 a pop. Porsche recommends tire changes every 4 yrs. due to the rubber hardening. Other than that, everything is based on "mileage" service wise, not "time." First valve adjustment I believe is at 30,000 miles - that one is expensive. More or less, service is just like any other Porsche - costs are so high due to labor. Any time it goes into the shop - takes about 20 to 30 minutes just to put the car up on the hoist, then another 15-20 minutes to take all the screws off and get the under-tray taken apart. One hour of labor right there. Remember - gotta put it all back together, and each screw must be HAND torqued per Porsche, no joke. Labor intensive indeed! I've seen an oil change done from start to finish, really does take close to 4 hours!
Thanks so much guys for sharing your experience!!

Another questions, I heard that the first cars had some problems, do you know more about it? what sort of problems does they have?

Old 01-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch I think

Old 01-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The other thing to consider is that Porsche employs mechanics that are specially trained to work on the CGT, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure those mechanics probably charge a labor premium over the other, non-specialized Porsche mechanics.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:53 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
IIRC the problems had do to the the ECU and clutch engagement. Porsche rectified these problems for the 05-06 years. Though I believe if you had an 04 you could have your dealer fix this.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
The other thing to consider is that Porsche employs mechanics that are specially trained to work on the CGT, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure those mechanics probably charge a labor premium over the other, non-specialized Porsche mechanics.
You are right on this. Quite a few mechanics were flown to Germany for training on the CGT. And yeah, they charge you a hefty amount more.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm sure those mechanics probably charge a labor premium over the other, non-specialized Porsche mechanics.
To my knowledge this is not true at all dealerships.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
A430v iss the closest. Although there were 10 responses before I typed this

Clutches are $16-22k depending on who does it and if it's done right. They shouldn't go out to fast
UNLESS YOU LONE IT TO ALZILLA
There is a Rennlister who has 30k track miles on his same clutch from new. Mine was 90% with 2k miles on it when I bought it. I don't know where it is now at 7k miles.

4 year service should be 6k-8k depending on who does it. I would recommend only someone that knows what they are doing. The CGT's take a completely different set of tools to work on. Including as someone mentioned the hoisting alone takes time unless you are geared to do it.

Tires every 4 years is a given if not driven a lot and using Z rated tires with the possibility of 150mph plus bursts

Fluid change I will do every two years I believe. The synthetics used are great.

Windshields if broken I've heard are $8k but I've not priced them just know a guy that replaced his.

Windshield Wiper cost me $180 bucks.

Other than that Gas and Insurance and Cost of the car.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
$1200 per year for oil change and brake flush.

Very reasonable for an exotic.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
There is no premium for a CGT technician. I didn't get to attend the class but its like any other Porsche class. The thing is not every tech did go. That's all.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
And the class is not offered anymore, sadly.

Quick Reply: Manteinance cost for a CARRERA GT