Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manteinance cost for a CARRERA GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Manteinance cost for a CARRERA GT

Hi friends,

I opened this thread to get some info about the CGT.

How much does the CGT cost to maintain? Obviously I'm talking about the ORDINARY manteinance.
How often the service needs to be done? And how much does it cost every time? (approximately....5k? 10k? 15k? 20k?)

I'd like to have this info from the owners (they surely know the REAL costs).

Thanks so much in advance

Old 01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Paging h20.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
If you have to ask....

I know the clutch job is around $~20k

Old 01-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=CrazyRuskie;806687]If you have to ask....

+1

Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Eh, I don't think it's one of those "If you have to ask..." questions.

Fact is, while there are plenty of people out there who have the money to afford the car and its maintenance, some don't want to put up with the hassle and the constant dishing out money when they could use it on other options and still have a good driving experience.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
If the car has been well taken care of since day one, I have found it to be relatively low maintenance. My uncles car has about 11k miles on the car, and in the past year, I would say he has spent maybe $500 on the car maintenance wise. Otherwise, very few minor problems over the course of ownership. Same goes for friends of his who have owned the car since new.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
^ +1

Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
If you have to ask....

I know the clutch job is around $~20k
Clutch is 16k incl labor I believe. If I recall correctly they don't last too terribly long either.

I think the oil change svc is a few k - the dealership I have seen do them blows out all of the lines w/ compressed air if I'm not mistaken. Usually at least 10hr process.

Not sure on brakes but I know they are pricey and if you track it the life isn't all that great.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Eh, I don't think it's one of those "If you have to ask..." questions.

Fact is, while there are plenty of people out there who have the money to afford the car and its maintenance, some don't want to put up with the hassle and the constant dishing out money when they could use it on other options and still have a good driving experience.
GLN you totally get the point!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Father has a CGT. Very low maintenance. Assuming no clutch change (about 25k parts + labor), you're only looking at yearly oil changes if low mileage at around $900 a pop. Porsche recommends tire changes every 4 yrs. due to the rubber hardening. Other than that, everything is based on "mileage" service wise, not "time." First valve adjustment I believe is at 30,000 miles - that one is expensive. More or less, service is just like any other Porsche - costs are so high due to labor. Any time it goes into the shop - takes about 20 to 30 minutes just to put the car up on the hoist, then another 15-20 minutes to take all the screws off and get the under-tray taken apart. One hour of labor right there. Remember - gotta put it all back together, and each screw must be HAND torqued per Porsche, no joke. Labor intensive indeed! I've seen an oil change done from start to finish, really does take close to 4 hours!

Quick Reply: Manteinance cost for a CARRERA GT