Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GT3 back to back comparison 2011 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
2010 GT3 back to back comparison 2011 GT3RS

Ok, so after posting a comparison between a my 2010 GT3 vs a 2010RS which I was looking to purchase, I ended up feeling that my std GT3 just felt better. So after the RS ended up being sold to a rennlister, I had to keep looking. Here is the link https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/4916...pressions.html

So after looking I ended up with a 2011 RS but with the adaptive seats. I wanted a grey with steel brakes, sport buckets and nav. Not much else. All I could find was a grey without nav, a grey that was loaded and way over my budget and a grey with the adaptive seats. After struggling with the idea of owning an RS with adaptive seats I figured, I'd just buy the sport buckets and sell them later should I not keep the car. I even posted to see if anyone wanted to trade seats earlier on this forum :P

So I had to drive my car to the dealership to trade in my 2010 to swap for the RS. I was punching the accelerator, taking turns just getting a complete sense of my car like I didn't have it already but wanted to make sure before I handed her in. I finish the paperwork and get into the RS......

Uhhh....hmmm. It's the same as before. The car just doesn't feel as sharp as my std 2010. In terms of power and torque, this one does feel closer to my 2010 GT3 but for a car that has 15 more hp, you would never know it. If anything the car just feels the same in terms of power. The handling and steering is just loose. It's just feels bigger. It has to be the tires. They're just too big for this car. The GT3 in std form has the right balance in my opinion. GT2 GT2RS, Turbo, fine, the big wheels make sense. But for a GT3 road car, the smaller wheels just are a better fit in my opinion. Feel free to disagree

Am I dissapointed? A little but the car looks awesome and guess what? I LOOOOOVVVEEE the seats! It's so nice to be able to not have to take off my jacket to sit in the car and it's sooo comfy. Granted on the track and having an RS, the adaptive seats do look and feel out of place. But after 5 minutes of driving, I have zero regrets

In the end a smaller feeling car is just better for me on the street and on the track. Going fast for me is not about power but what the tires are telling me. If I'm not sure, it's not fun and I definitely won't be going fast. I'm pretty sure I'd be faster with my old car. Oh well. I still love the car and in grey/red, it actually looks like how much it costs . But for those of you who want a great car and are okay with not having an RS, the std car is perfect.

Here are some pics old and new.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
congrats!!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats as well! It looks great. I'm sure once you complete the break in you'll be able to feel more of a difference. The car probably feels bigger because of the wider front and rear.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congratulations on your purchase! Best of luck with the car!

I read your other thread and can understand your opinion although I didn't feel the same way. Just out of curiosity, you seemed to really love and feel comfortable with your gt3, did you ever consider just keeping it and maybe upgrading the flywheel and putting a new exhaust? Why did you feel compelled to the RS, is it the outrageous looks?

Either way you can't go wrong so enjoy yourself!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm amazed with your opinion. Either way congrats.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rjmontoya
Congratulations on your purchase! Best of luck with the car!

I read your other thread and can understand your opinion although I didn't feel the same way. Just out of curiosity, you seemed to really love and feel comfortable with your gt3, did you ever consider just keeping it and maybe upgrading the flywheel and putting a new exhaust? Why did you feel compelled to the RS, is it the outrageous looks?

Either way you can't go wrong so enjoy yourself!
I think I just had to have the RS lol. Having one is just fantastic. I mean it really is such a cool car. I shouldn't have to tell you that It was more of an emotional had to have it thing. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have hung on to the GT3 for another year or at least until the 991 came out and then make a decision. Overall I'm happy. The best part are the seats! It's makes it so much more of an accessible car. I already feel like i'm going to use it more just because it's so comfy. I turned on the heated seats this evening and it was just great. Blasphemy and silly in an RS but great none the less.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by woppum
I'm amazed with your opinion. Either way congrats.
Me too actually. Keep in mind the difference is minute, hell i'm comparing a scalpel to a scalpel. In the end, the numbers don't lie. This thing apparently is a good bit faster around the ring, racetracks and of course the basis for all of Porsche's race 911's so I'm sure it's "better". They just feel different. My buddy drove both as well and was amazed at how different they feel. I just like the way my std GT3 felt.

Gorgeous car by the way. I shoulda got the blue

Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Not that it matters at all, and not that I care, but it's still an interesting fact that the GT3 RS gets 3 more mpgs than the GT3.

To me, that's just an example that all of those manufacturers out there trying to reduce mileage should stop packing all of the useless luxury features into their cars, and go the sporty, light, fast, fun, high mileage route.

Props to Porsche for the "efficient:sport" ratio of the year!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the post and my congrats on your purchase. The RS is a wondrous car and your views are interesting. I've been contemplating swapping my GT3 for something else or an RS. Just a question or two, what was the mileage of your GT3 when you sold it? As we know, these engines just get better with use, could it be that some of your performance related views were due to your std GT3 engine having been used more?

Old 10-31-2010, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by s4awd
I think I just had to have the RS lol. Having one is just fantastic. I mean it really is such a cool car. I shouldn't have to tell you that It was more of an emotional had to have it thing. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have hung on to the GT3 for another year or at least until the 991 came out and then make a decision. Overall I'm happy. The best part are the seats! It's makes it so much more of an accessible car. I already feel like i'm going to use it more just because it's so comfy. I turned on the heated seats this evening and it was just great. Blasphemy and silly in an RS but great none the less.
Haha, I understand completely!

Hopefully it'll change for you as time goes on and I'm glad you're enjoying the options you got! Sometimes regardless of what you get on a car, you form a bond with it that makes it feel more unique to you. My brother's Stradale (formerly owned by TS member Tony Kanaan) had its italian stripe painted in the incorrect orientation on the back of the car, which bothered us at first, but now is something we celebrate because we've really bonded with the car. It sounds like you're doing the same and the RS is so great that you can't help but fall in love with it anyway.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 back to back comparison 2011 GT3RS