Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GT3 back to back comparison 2011 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Time for a signature change

Old 10-31-2010, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
congrats

Old 10-31-2010, 04:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
congrats! she's a beauty.

however, i still don't understand why u did it though. sounds like u were questioning the RS since the first drive, then the 2nd feels somewhat close. i'm just surprised by the impression on RS, and ur move actually getting one...

Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
This is an interesting thread. I did the oposite. I got rid of my RS because it was just too much and nice a car to track. Didn't want to bang it up, and values were tanking so I bailed. What's funny is that I had a Gray/Black and got a white GT3. Wasn't going to get a 2010, but the deal was too good. Only difference here is the GT3 had a full Sharkwerks race exhaust, I got it tuned, and it will run way way better on the track than the RS, and I won't be so worried about a big money car wrecking.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
picked up my 2011 GT3 monday, parked it, and took it out yesterday for a spin... did 350 miles since yesterday morning... the traction, grip, pointy and accurate nose and steering, rear propulsion sensation, all surreal... dunno how people can drive anything less than that... today i put my name down for the upcoming GT3RS Limited Ed... if the GT3 blew me away, i wonder about that one... and by the way, had ordered a TTS arriving in weeks, and thank God i changed my mind... the TTS would have felt like a cadillac next to the GT3...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
congrats! she's a beauty.

however, i still don't understand why u did it though. sounds like u were questioning the RS since the first drive, then the 2nd feels somewhat close. i'm just surprised by the impression on RS, and ur move actually getting one...
Yeah me too but when I decide I want something, I turn into a 5 year old and all sense and logic goes out the window. I'm still happy though.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
This is an interesting thread. I did the oposite. I got rid of my RS because it was just too much and nice a car to track. Didn't want to bang it up, and values were tanking so I bailed. What's funny is that I had a Gray/Black and got a white GT3. Wasn't going to get a 2010, but the deal was too good. Only difference here is the GT3 had a full Sharkwerks race exhaust, I got it tuned, and it will run way way better on the track than the RS, and I won't be so worried about a big money car wrecking.
I totally hear you. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stomach taking the RS onto the track. It's bad enough following guys in older track cars spitting rubber onto my paint nevermind having an off and sliding uncontrollably into a wall

Old 11-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Haku
Thanks for the post and my congrats on your purchase. The RS is a wondrous car and your views are interesting. I've been contemplating swapping my GT3 for something else or an RS. Just a question or two, what was the mileage of your GT3 when you sold it? As we know, these engines just get better with use, could it be that some of your performance related views were due to your std GT3 engine having been used more?
The 2010 RS I tested had about 1300 miles while mine had 1800 so they were pretty similar. The 2011 RS only has 3 miles. Definitely get a test drive in the RS. But while you do, try not to look at it. Once I saw it, it was over.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s4awd
I totally hear you. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stomach taking the RS onto the track. It's bad enough following guys in older track cars spitting rubber onto my paint nevermind having an off and sliding uncontrollably into a wall
The RS was meant to be driven on the track!

Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
^What he said...
I just wanted to do a cheaper route. Driving an RS on the streets for looks is wrong.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 back to back comparison 2011 GT3RS