Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trackday GT3 damp

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:06 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Full-lock
I wish you were driving it faster at 2:43-3:00 it seems like it bogged down a bit.

Ever tried 1mm thread left on michelin cups in wet and very cold tarmac temps. It was very hard sliding all over the place. The first laps it was damp i pushed harder later on more rain was comming down i could not keep the pace which i was doing earlier on. And i did not want to crash either.
I bet it is challenging, no didnt have the opportunity to drive a car with ps2 cups.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
So good to see that there's a good track offering track days in Holland! Maybe there are many. I have no idea. My wife and I are planning to move to Europe, and Holland is in the three choices. How far is this from Amsterdam? Thanks for posting!

Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Nice driving great control I have experienced MPSCups on regular S Florida roads in the rain and they are a handful.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
cool vid, wish the bic had more of a runof area, not sayin i could do what you did, but il defi not be as afraid to try

Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
I occassionally write for Excellence Magazine, and the last article I did (Oct 2010) was a comparison with the Cayman S PDK and the 2011 GT3. Both had Cups, and it was POURING down, so that became a reoccurring topic throughout the article. Having owned at least a dozen sets of Cups, I now have found that the Toyo R888 is a better tire in hot conditions as well as cold/wet conditions. It also tells you when it's going to break loose in a much better manner than the Michelins. Just my opinion.

I can't believe though that guys are saying that you shouldn't have been passive, or that you were at all. There will always be backseat drivers. I say, no criticisms of driving without posting up your own vid! Should be a rule. Kinda like, don't call someone's chick ugly and then not prove to us what you're capable of getting. Right?

Old 10-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
wow, u got car control

Old 10-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
greasy section of track during :43-:00?

Old 10-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Full-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura about
I must admit i have done lots of racing aswel. Here i am driving in the rain with a bmw GTR V8 overtaking faster GT cars.

YouTube - M3 E46 BMW GTR Zandvoort onboard.

And my latest race on Spa with a Z4 M 6cil with more then 400hp I start to drive at around 8min it s one hour race we finished first

YouTube - Spa DSC race 2

I started racing at the age of 9 in gokarts.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent driving skills (watched your wet race in the 130i - impressive)

Quick Reply: Trackday GT3 damp