Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trackday GT3 damp

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Full-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura about
Trackday GT3 damp

I was attending a track-day in Holland. My rear cups were done aproxx 1mm left. I have done 1500 miles with them.
Weather was damp and rain later on.

Here is a movie of it.

YouTube - Advevo GT3

Old 10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
2:43 - 3:04. Damn. Nice car control!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my, that was a Visual Cocktail for my evening. Yes, 2:43 -> was very very tasty. Nice driving my friend.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:52 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
2:43 FTW!
sweet Jesus nice

Old 10-13-2010, 02:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
that looks like a blast! Does seem like your tires were toast too.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Really enjoyed watching the vid! Like everyone said, 2:43 stole the show!

Old 10-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Full-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura aboutFull-lock has a spectacular aura about
It s very difficult to make a slide like that with a porsche. If you have the angle to much you go backwards of the track. If the drift angle is not big enough you go in understeer for the second corner. But with a front engined cars it s much easy but with a GT3 it s big challenge everytime. It s a big satisfaction when you have it right.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:47 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Nice driving, the video just makes me want to have a GT3 and just keep on driving, mountain roads, track day etc. Nice driving skills! I wish you were driving it faster at 2:43-3:00 it seems like it bogged down a bit.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 10-13-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:49 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
That was great! Crazy how slippery cups are in what can only be described as ... normal Euro weather.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I wish you were driving it faster at 2:43-3:00 it seems like it bogged down a bit.

Ever tried 1mm thread left on michelin cups in wet and very cold tarmac temps. It was very hard sliding all over the place. The first laps it was damp i pushed harder later on more rain was comming down i could not keep the pace which i was doing earlier on. And i did not want to crash either.

Quick Reply: Trackday GT3 damp