Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mike's GT2 RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know why my video app resized the footage out of proportion, but you can see the car is already at 1 bar of boost at 3k RPMS. It's quite a crazy feeling.
This is in 6th gear at 100km/h and only pressing the pedal down 65%.

YouTube - Accelerating in GT2 RS

Old 02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, the pics are awesome mate... just love em! Btw, I think that the nicest colour combo. Aggressive and yet classy. You do know I'm always waiting for new pics or posts from you. It's always a sign of good things.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mike S
I don't know why my video app resized the footage out of proportion, but you can see the car is already at 1 bar of boost at 3k RPMS. It's quite a crazy feeling.
This is in 6th gear at 100km/h and only pressing the pedal down 65%.
So is this just to wet our appetites for the 4th gear 100% throttle video?

Old 02-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Chris888
I dont think you will be able to hold the camera with one hand for that video.

Cant wait to see the pics of this car after its been polished up.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
love the pics Mike! please dont be shy and keep posting

Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
Mike, the pics are awesome mate... just love em! Btw, I think that the nicest colour combo. Aggressive and yet classy. You do know I'm always waiting for new pics or posts from you. It's always a sign of good things.
Thanks Haku! Much appreciated and I'm glad you enjoy them so much.

Originally Posted by Chris888
I'm just being precautious as I get to know the car

Originally Posted by calypso
I dont think you will be able to hold the camera with one hand for that video.

Cant wait to see the pics of this car after its been polished up.
Neither do I, I'll bring out the camera mount for that.

Originally Posted by andremarino
love the pics Mike! please dont be shy and keep posting
Thanks andre, I'll post more as I get more mileage on the car.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Not at all. It's a Nikon D700.
Good choice, sir. That's exactly what I use most of the time.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
adamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud of
Mike how are you "breaking in" the RS? ....

the car is a beaut ... i have not read the other posts, and maybe someone asked this already ... is the RS the favourite in the stable????

Old 02-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by atomic80
Good choice, sir. That's exactly what I use most of the time.
Thanks Jason! The D3s was just too bulky for me to carry around when I travel. The D700 is the best of both worlds

Originally Posted by adamr
Mike how are you "breaking in" the RS? ....

the car is a beaut ... i have not read the other posts, and maybe someone asked this already ... is the RS the favourite in the stable????
Thanks, the running in is going well. Almost done with my first tank of fuel
It's definitely way up there. I don't have a favourite in the house. I enjoy each and every one of them due to their unique qualities.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Jason! The D3s was just too bulky for me to carry around when I travel. The D700 is the best of both worlds
That's exactly why I bought the D700. The D3 is just too bulky. I have the 28-300 which works perfectly for traveling.

Quick Reply: Mike's GT2 RS thread