Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mike's GT2 RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Mike's GT2 RS thread

Got word from the dealer that my car goes into build tomorrow. It should be here by the end of the month!

*Added today - 12-21-2010 Pics from dealer!!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, huge congrats! From all the reviews I've read and seen this is one of the very great cars Porsche has produced! One month isn't a lot of time but I guess your already dying of anticipation at least I would be!

So which spec did you decide on?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Big congratulations - did you watch the Preuninger video ? Some awesome info on how special these cars are !

May I ask what extras you specced, in particular weight adding extras. On the video they say sound system and aircon add 27kg to the 1370kg (incidentally they mention the impressive dry weight of 1280kg !!) what else are you putting into the "lighty"

Old 10-07-2010, 10:26 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations, good for you and for the pricing I think its a car to have over the 599GTO purely on a pricing/performance perspective.

GT2RS 453bhp/ton
599GTO 418bhp/ton

You've got it in my favourite colour, red and do keep the CF front it looks distinguishably GT2RS with that. I like the stock wheels as well, gold or silver ? maybe the only thing I would do is get those Porsche motorsports wheels if I had the car I think its the LM-R rim not sure.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Mike! Can't wait to see delivery pics soon!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bronto
Dude, huge congrats! From all the reviews I've read and seen this is one of the very great cars Porsche has produced! One month isn't a lot of time but I guess your already dying of anticipation at least I would be!

So which spec did you decide on?
Thanks Bronto, yes I'm getting very excited!

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Big congratulations - did you watch the Preuninger video ? Some awesome info on how special these cars are !

May I ask what extras you specced, in particular weight adding extras. On the video they say sound system and aircon add 27kg to the 1370kg (incidentally they mention the impressive dry weight of 1280kg !!) what else are you putting into the "lighty"
I am going to watch those when I get back home this evening

I asked the dealer to send me a list of my spec, but in short:
* Carbon fenders
* Carbon interior
* Carbon B-pillar seatbelt outlets
* Porsche Crest on seats
* Porsche logo on centre console
* Standard sound (left out NAV and additional sound system, also saves weight).
* Ipod connectivity
* Bi-xenon headlights
* Clear rear lights

That's pretty much it. I still have to have aircon for those hot days

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Congratulations, good for you and for the pricing I think its a car to have over the 599GTO purely on a pricing/performance perspective.

GT2RS 453bhp/ton
599GTO 418bhp/ton

You've got it in my favourite colour, red and do keep the CF front it looks distinguishably GT2RS with that. I like the stock wheels as well, gold or silver ? maybe the only thing I would do is get those Porsche motorsports wheels if I had the car I think its the LM-R rim not sure.
Thanks Mo. Yes the car will be exactly as per the factory finishes on the exterior.

It's guards red with the white gold wheels. The interior is the standard red/black alcatara.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Congrats Mike! Can't wait to see delivery pics soon!
Absolutely. Would love to see pics of the new addition with some of the rest of the stable. Enjoy in the best of health!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats... i am sure after watching the preuninger vids your anticipation for this car will be at its highest level.

Enjoy the car.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Drool.....

Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Thanks Bronto, yes I'm getting very excited!

I am going to watch those when I get back home this evening

I asked the dealer to send me a list of my spec, but in short:
* Carbon fenders
* Carbon interior
* Carbon B-pillar seatbelt outlets
* Porsche Crest on seats
* Porsche logo on centre console
* Standard sound (left out NAV and additional sound system, also saves weight).
* Ipod connectivity
* Bi-xenon headlights
* Clear rear lights

That's pretty much it. I still have to have aircon for those hot days

Thanks Mo. Yes the car will be exactly as per the factory finishes on the exterior.

It's guards red with the white gold wheels. The interior is the standard red/black alcatara.
I am glad you left out NAV and the optional sound system, at least when you are in the GT2RS its low weight compard to your M3, Carrera S,LP640,F430 and M6 which have everything other cars have.

Quick Reply: Mike's GT2 RS thread