Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uwe Gemballa's body discovered in South Africa

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
^ Me too but 1) we never will, 2) I feel like it's almost disrespectful to bring it up.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
My condolences to his family, RIP Uwe

Old 10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond repute
Rip

Old 10-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Sadly, I've been reading the internet press about Uwe Gemballa's demise.
To quote Yogi Berra, this feels like "Deja Vu all over again".

PLEASE! I think we should all wait until the investigation is complete before we toss Uwe Gemballa into the middle of a business deal with Czech gangsters and South African murderers.
This whole story about money stashed in Gemballa cars and revenge killings and such sounds really "National Enquirer" to me.
Remember that South Africa is consistently one of the world leaders in kidnappings for profit. And there are more murders in SA than in the US each year (and the US has six times the population).
Most of the Internet press is already in a "crack frenzy", spreading the Czech conspiracy story and passing it off like it is a certainty. These are the very same yellow "journalists" who said Uwe Gemballa deliberately abandoned his family and was hiding out in South Africa. And we all know how accurate that story turned out to be.
Let's follow the leadership and restraint shown by Teamspeed and its management and wait for all the facts. It's the fair and classy thing to do.

I concede that it is possible that Uwe MAY have crossed the line out of desperation and made a deal with the "devil" to try and save his company. If so, I forgive him. His passion for our lifestyle and his lifetime of contributions to the world of performance cars vastly outweigh such a transgression.
In time, most of the facts will come out. Let's just be patient. I will surmise that the final story will look significantly different than the one being served up today.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Chin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to beholdChin.Up is a splendid one to behold
Rip.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I agree on waiting to throw him in the middle of this. But it stinks to high heaven of foul play. And not just the obvious.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
eery

Old 10-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute
Very sad to hear. May he rest in peace, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dmanero is an unknown quantity at this point
Least now the family can get some closure, but I find it hard to believe that he would turn to SA organized crimes boss for cash. I think this is just another example of poor investigation of the SA poilice side and using this as an excuse to close the case.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dmanero
Least now the family can get some closure, but I find it hard to believe that he would turn to SA organized crimes boss for cash. I think this is just another example of poor investigation of the SA poilice side and using this as an excuse to close the case.
I don't think its "South African crime bosses". There's no African organized crime on this level.
That country is a haven for Eastern European, Israeli and Russian and many other international criminals.
The guy whose name keep popping up in relation to this murder is a billionaire Czech fugitive.

Quick Reply: Uwe Gemballa's body discovered in South Africa