Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard breaking I hear fluids swilling about...CGT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Hard breaking I hear fluids swilling about...CGT

Anyone hear what sounds like high pitched fluids on heavy breaking inside the cabin?

I dont know if its the gas moving or not, or something more sinister. Its been doing it a whle - perhaps since I got it but maybe never noticed till now?

anyone have same noise?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Flux capacitor needs recharging.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Or possibly your blinker fluid moving about. Maybe it's low.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
at least your car is running now!

Doesn't sound normal. Where does the noise seem to come from? the engine bay area? or?

Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i hear it too, although to me it sounds like its coming from the actual brakes, towards the front of the car. i think its just the nature of the ceramics, after some hard driving the sound goes away.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bitz49
i hear it too, although to me it sounds like its coming from the actual brakes, towards the front of the car. i think its just the nature of the ceramics, after some hard driving the sound goes away.
yes its from the front I think - it sounds like metalic sound loose fluid - its a weird sound but definitely a fluid moving - but the high pitch nature and burbles seem weird.

glad to hear im not alone. I will top up any resevoirs int he front and check again.

How could it be the brakes? is there really enough fluid to hear?

Old 09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard it in mine too. A weird sound. Tech says it's normal.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!bitz49 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Donnie
yes its from the front I think - it sounds like metalic sound loose fluid - its a weird sound but definitely a fluid moving - but the high pitch nature and burbles seem weird.

glad to hear im not alone. I will top up any resevoirs int he front and check again.

How could it be the brakes? is there really enough fluid to hear?
i dont know but i really dont feel like its liquid moving around, definitely sounds more metallic than liquid - there is simply not enough liquid in the car to generate a noise that loud. if i have to guess, its probably the same case as in high performance steel rotors - they squeak a lot under daily use but the noise goes once you get on a track drive it hard.

ofcourse i may be totally off here...

Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
the fuel tank is directly behind the seats. if u're running lower than half tank u can hear the fuel moving. or when u shut off the car u hear it as well. might be it but i'm not certain if it's the sound u're talking about.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
^ was thinking the same.

Quick Reply: Hard breaking I hear fluids swilling about...CGT