Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 20C4S
911 Sport Classic.
oic thx

Old 11-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure the GT3 RS LE will be truly fabulous (and I want one already), but surely the new 911 will take away some of its thunder when that follows very shortly after?

For example, I was in the Bentley dealership earlier this week looking at the new Conti GT. Looks good in the flesh, but it was parked next to a (old shape) GT SuperSports - which they are still making. I asked the dealer if they are still selling any of them now the new model is out, and he said he hadn't sold a single SS - despite it being a better car than the basic new Conti GT. "Nobody wants the old shape now the new one is out" he said...

Old 11-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
"Nobody wants the old shape now the new one is out"
I'd still take a 993 GT2 over a 997 GT2 any day, even though it's "old shape" :P

Old 11-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PaulGeudon
I'm sure the GT3 RS LE will be truly fabulous (and I want one already), but surely the new 911 will take away some of its thunder when that follows very shortly after?

For example, I was in the Bentley dealership earlier this week looking at the new Conti GT. Looks good in the flesh, but it was parked next to a (old shape) GT SuperSports - which they are still making. I asked the dealer if they are still selling any of them now the new model is out, and he said he hadn't sold a single SS - despite it being a better car than the basic new Conti GT. "Nobody wants the old shape now the new one is out" he said...
There are rumours this Limited Edition will be the final one as it seems there are no more plans to produce any for road use...
Despite Porsche keeps on saying this every year... this info could be "real" as the new model 991 will be a more like a GT car than a sporty one. (the new model has a consisten longer wheel base).
let's see what the Germans do...

Old 11-25-2010, 07:06 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Confirmed - 4.0L, about 500 hp, lighter than GT3 RS, coming in May 2011 in strictly limited numbers. It will be the last interpretation on 997 model line before 991 arrives.

Very true words about Bentley Paul. The fact is Supersport just don't move at all and all those MY12 improvements to Supersport will not work, only few customers will prefer to take it over new model. Supersport is my favorite Bentley ever and I would take it over new Conti, but I guess I am in minority.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911TurboS2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche has to generate a large number of sales. I would expect to see further segmentation of current 997 models until the 991 is released. For example, this is pure speculation, but if there is a Cayman R, why not a Cayman RS?

Old 11-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Very true words about Bentley Paul. The fact is Supersport just don't move at all and all those MY12 improvements to Supersport will not work, only few customers will prefer to take it over new model. Supersport is my favorite Bentley ever and I would take it over new Conti, but I guess I am in minority.
I agree, drove both cars back-to-back - the SuperSport is a refined hooligan. The details on the new car are exquisite, but it lacks the SS involvement.

If the 997 GT3 RS LE is the 'end-of-an-era' model then I guess it'll be a corker - but to have three different iterations of a 997 RS in its lifetime is a bit of a poke in the eye (and wallet) to those customers loyal to the RS.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
my sweet GT3... till I get my GT3RS LE, which i expect to be the "last of the mohicans"

Attached Images   
Old 11-26-2010, 10:37 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Still wonder if it will look anything like this! Fun to guess of course!

Old 11-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I just hope it's as radical looking as a Cup car, and worth "keeping"

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!