Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010 | 10:23 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
Normally, I would, but I have been asked not to share. When they say that, I am happy to be quiet out of respect. Info coming soon.
... sheesh, the ole "if I tell ya I gotta kill ya" stuff.

Ranger

Old 09-22-2010 | 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
... sheesh, the ole "if I tell ya I gotta kill ya" stuff.

Ranger
LOL. So true. I just don't want to ruin what I have. Truthfully, I don't know much more. I was just told the numbers floating around are wrong. But a car is coming. If I was guessing, it might be a hybrid, but I bet not because it would kill their $650k 918 market. I have complained to them for years to get us something more agressive. I am expecting a RSR type variation that is just plain mean.

Old 09-22-2010 | 11:07 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. So true. I just don't want to ruin what I have. Truthfully, I don't know much more. I was just told the numbers floating around are wrong. But a car is coming. If I was guessing, it might be a hybrid, but I bet not because it would kill their $650k 918 market. I have complained to them for years to get us something more agressive. I am expecting a RSR type variation that is just plain mean.
There is a production GT3 Hybrid with KERS that is going to be here in 2012 and that could possibly what the hype is about. Dealers didn't even know for sure that there was going to be second run of the GT3RS until the allocation popped up in ppn. No matter how cool it would be, I don't see another GT3RS coming, there's just no way and if it were coming we wouldn't know it now... It really would be better than awesome though if they made the car everyone is talking about, 4.0L, 500 hp, 500 units...!! It's just not feasible for Porsche to make 3 iterations of this car, 997.3... Really? I could be totally wrong and it might go into production with the projected build date that someone posted lol, but there would be too much bad press about it and way too many angry 997.2 owners for them to pull the trigger and do it.

Old 09-22-2010 | 11:36 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Out of curiosity, why do you think that if it was a hybrid it would kill their 650k 918 market?

Old 09-22-2010 | 11:39 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
There is a production GT3 Hybrid with KERS that is going to be here in 2012 and that could possibly what the hype is about. Dealers didn't even know for sure that there was going to be second run of the GT3RS until the allocation popped up in ppn. No matter how cool it would be, I don't see another GT3RS coming, there's just no way and if it were coming we wouldn't know it now... It really would be better than awesome though if they made the car everyone is talking about, 4.0L, 500 hp, 500 units...!! It's just not feasible for Porsche to make 3 iterations of this car, 997.3... Really? I could be totally wrong and it might go into production with the projected build date that someone posted lol, but there would be too much bad press about it and way too many angry 997.2 owners for them to pull the trigger and do it.
What you said makes perfect sense. It would appease the people who want the latest and greatest. Yet would keep the current RS owners happy. Do you have any more info on the gt3 kers?

Old 09-23-2010 | 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
+1, I won't be finalizing my .2 RS purchase until I learn what Porsche will do here. I'd be upset if I was a current .2 owner that believed was getting the final GT3 iteration before the 991 appeared in spite of Porsche's perogative to do so. That being said, I'd love a more capable 3RS-just want buy the better performing car (preferably without buying a short-term GT car in the interim).

Old 09-23-2010 | 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
GTS-R is an unknown quantity at this point
I am expecting a RSR type variation that is just plain mean.
I hope so as well. Please tell us when 'official' info will be released (if you know).

Old 09-23-2010 | 01:20 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
imho I take a more cynical approach. Porsche is a busines making awesome performance cars. They're in it to make money and improve their bottomline.
I don't think they deeply care if "you" (customers) get upset. They feel you'll get over it or there are many other customers out there to tap and will buy.
I've owned Porsches since 1987 and I don't think Porsche gives a rip about me if I walk away because I'm upset.
They'll say, bye and don't let the door hit you in the a$$.
Porsche will do what Porsche wants to do. Period end.

I'm juggling the idea of picking up one of the many used .2 RS's that are already out there but this latest topic is very intersting. Though the price will I'm sure be more than I want to spend.
Another alternative is send my .1RS to Alex at Sharkwerks for a 3.9L

Ranger

Old 09-23-2010 | 02:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
this car is comin, like said 50 more horses, priced higher than the turbo s but i have no clue what the engine is going to be, personaly hope its kers and not a 4.0

Old 09-23-2010 | 03:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Your newest-and-greatest is never the newest-and-greatest forever. Period. Enjoy your car while you have it, while it is the newest-and-greatest.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!