Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:58 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Is anyone really surprised? The RS 4.0 is to the 2RS as the Cayman R is to the S. A special paintjob, an empty DIN slot, four ounces of weight shredded and massively more expensive.

At least we have a new 997 variant - we haven't had a new one in a few weeks . . .

Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
To Buy or not to Buy that is the question...dealer is asking for a deposit now

So much choice available for this budget in Dubai if you include low mileage second hand...R8 V10, SLS, 599 GTB, Scud

Lost & confused

Old 04-27-2011, 04:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Nearly all these RS cars are released and some people do not like the styling. These nearly allways grow on people and I think in the flesh this will look great! Not sure about the red interior, a little too GT2 RS pity they didn't do the contrast in a different colour. At least the stearing wheel is not bright red and when sat on the seats you will only see a few small accents (and the roof). I wonder if you can mix and match i.e. red roof linning and accents on the gear lever/hand break and doors but straight black seats?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pmpsch
To Buy or not to Buy that is the question...dealer is asking for a deposit now

So much choice available for this budget in Dubai if you include low mileage second hand...R8 V10, SLS, 599 GTB, Scud

Lost & confused
In my opinion the 3RS is a unique car (with good and bads) so these other choices are not really options for me...
Im going for one of these LE 100000000%

Last edited by Ressy; 04-27-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
i'm speccing my car tomorrow, dealer just sent me a message... will post updates... anyone else speccing theirs tomorrow?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ressy
In my opinion the 3RS is a unique car (with good and bads) so these other choices are not really options for me...
Im going for one of these LE 100000000%

am with you regarding how unique it is...but isn't the 997.2gt3rs this unique? Getting into a higher price range for what (so far from what we know) seems to be relatively limited differentiation is questionable

Old 04-27-2011, 05:33 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'll say it again: There are some jaded folks around here...

I think it's great these different versions are coming out. People forget how many little variations there were on the 911 line even back in the early '70s. Maybe not 25 versions like the 997, but certainly more than the one solitary version. Remember the T, L, E, S, RS?

Overall, I think Porsche's biggest mistake is that they DON'T offer a stripped down, lighter weight, base car to build from. You get all or all, with no opportunity for a decontented car. Regardless, I'd be plenty happy to have a 4-liter GT3 RS in my garage, no matter what color or stripes it has on it.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Stickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished roadStickshift is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mini George
So it's an RS with a new paint job and more power.
Well, I figure at this level of performance nowadays it is getting harder and harder to make a 911 more dynamic on the track. The GT2 RS is faster on the straigts due to its superior engine-power but to the disfavor of engine sound and response. The regulations as to street-legal cars are getting more and more stingent! You just can't mount larger spoilers. What else can you to to make this car faster in corners? Further reducing weight? Even the Carrera GT with a CF monocoque weights 10 kg more than the GT3 RS LE. Impoving tires? The Micheline Sport Cups are already hard to drive on rain-swept or wet and cold roads. As for the suspension, it must retain a lick of comfort on public roads. Except for broader tires (how broad can you get?) I don't see many ways and means (CF doors and a bit more track-width are conceivable) to improve an 997 GT3 RS.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'll say it again: There are some jaded folks around here...

I think it's great these different versions are coming out. People forget how many little variations there were on the 911 line even back in the early '70s. Maybe not 25 versions like the 997, but certainly more than the one solitary version. Remember the T, L, E, S, RS?

Overall, I think Porsche's biggest mistake is that they DON'T offer a stripped down, lighter weight, base car to build from. You get all or all, with no opportunity for a decontented car. Regardless, I'd be plenty happy to have a 4-liter GT3 RS in my garage, no matter what color or stripes it has on it.

Guess you are getting one then. Congrats!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pmpsch
Guess you are getting one then. Congrats!
Too rich for my blood (maybe if I were single). I just can't get upset when more and more performance car choices are available!

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!