Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010 | 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Your a demanding man well be lucky so see half of those features, if this model does indeed get produced but from experience ts'ers are pretty accurate with their info

Old 09-21-2010 | 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MJSpeed
When the GT3RS.2 was released a few years ago
I do beleive its been 1 year 1 month and 2 days since the GT3 RS.2 was announced...and maybe 3 to 4 months after that deliveries started in Europe...

Old 09-21-2010 | 05:11 PM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
GaryTT: so I hear there is a new gt3rs with a 4.0 engine, 500hp in the making
ManInSide: 4.0L engine... Hahahahaaaa
GrayTT: so I hear there is a new gt3rs with an RSR engine
ManInSide: what?? Will not happen
GrayTT: hmmm... So I hear there is a new gt3rs
ManInSide: Production summer 2011..... Maybe
GrayTT: details please
ManInSide: oh I need to go..
ManInSide: shhhh ... don't tell GrayTT, but this 4.0 is realll!!

Last edited by B7R; 09-21-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2010 | 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Having owned a 996 GT3 and as a current owner of a GT3RS.1, I've been blessed to be able to enjoy some of the best cars Porsche has produced.

When the GT3RS.2 was released a few years ago, was I disappointed with Porsche or in any way upset? NO! I was excited to see what Porsche engineering had done.

Now it's no different...if I had my druthers I would want the best that Porsche can offer.

-500+ bhp
-Better gearing for better low end acceleration (get me to 185 mph as quickly as possible and forget about top speed)
-a REAL diff.
-a better R&P (like the one in the RSR/CUP cars or the one Gaurds builds)
-KERS
-PDK (option)
-Full Ti exhaust
-Forged lightweight wheels
-Lightweight (3100 lbs or lower)
-RSR Body (wide and mostly Carbon Fibre) - No. The car will have new fender flares, a revised front and rear apron, wing, and other slight alterations. I guess you could call it RSR bodywork, but most won't be in carbon.
-Lightweight Philosophy to permeate throughout (no sun visors, lightweight carpet, lightweight seats, sticker instead of bonnet crest, no/lightweight sound deadening material, smaller windshield washer fluid bottle, etc...)
-Interior lights optional
-Radio optional
-Air Con optional
KERS
Edits in bold.

Old 09-21-2010 | 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Having owned a 996 GT3 and as a current owner of a GT3RS.1, I've been blessed to be able to enjoy some of the best cars Porsche has produced.

When the GT3RS.2 was released a few years ago, was I disappointed with Porsche or in any way upset? NO! I was excited to see what Porsche engineering had done.
I think MJSpeed means that he has the 996 RS? And that the 997 RS.1 came out a few years ago? Or maybe he just made a typo and meant "months ago" for the RS.2

Either way, his point is taken and I agree. I would say that as hardcore as I would want any new RS to be (lightweight everything, as people have said), maybe I am not enough of a trackrat but I cannot imagine ever owning a car without a radio that I plan to use on the street. This is way off topic but, the realities of daily driving and traffic, I don't know what I would do without having music to listen to. Plus, sometimes a great song can transform a driving experience. Engine music is obviously fantastic, but as James Todd Smith once said, I can't live without my radio.

Old 09-21-2010 | 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished roadMJSpeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by McRae
I do beleive its been 1 year 1 month and 2 days since the GT3 RS.2 was announced...and maybe 3 to 4 months after that deliveries started in Europe...
My apologies, I was in Weissach back in 2008 and knew of the 997GT3RS.2 since then.

Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
Edits in bold.
I did include KERS.
Originally Posted by rjmontoya
I think MJSpeed means that he has the 996 RS? And that the 997 RS.1 came out a few years ago? Or maybe he just made a typo and meant "months ago" for the RS.2

Either way, his point is taken and I agree. I would say that as hardcore as I would want any new RS to be (lightweight everything, as people have said), maybe I am not enough of a trackrat but I cannot imagine ever owning a car without a radio that I plan to use on the street. This is way off topic but, the realities of daily driving and traffic, I don't know what I would do without having music to listen to. Plus, sometimes a great song can transform a driving experience. Engine music is obviously fantastic, but as James Todd Smith once said, I can't live without my radio.
That's why I believe in options. Everyone should get what they're willing to pay for.

BTW nice Ladies Love Cool James reference.

Old 09-21-2010 | 06:45 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
be doubted Chris. u're probably the 1st sales manager in the nation to get the 1st hand info anyway. i often found u guys are always in denial first.
its not really about denial as we're the LAST to know what's coming down the pipeline. I dont really blame Porsche for making it that way actually.

They have a business to run.

Old 09-21-2010 | 07:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
Al E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2010 | 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Who remembers this quote from Porsche hen the 997.2 RS came out?

"A new RS? Didn’t we reach the pinnacle with the last model? But we couldn’t stop thinking about it. It kindled our ambition. We defined a lap time that seemed impossible even for a 911 GT3 RS. Now we know better."

Now they know better. Why not try again, and make it even better.

Old 09-21-2010 | 09:58 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure if anyone has posted this or seen this?
The topic is getting ink.

2010 Paris Rumormill: Porsche Planning 500-HP Limited Edition GT3 RS? - MotorAuthority

Ranger

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!