Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raising a glass to my old 996 GT2

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
Member jcc2tx is the owner of the GT2 at Park Place. It's absolutely amazing. If anyone is interested in it, hit him up.

Last edited by Crash; 09-07-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Time to get a new one.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Sooooo my real question is have you done any track time in it or just street driving? Also I am going to guess that since it was a lease then you did not make any adjustments to the suspension or handling?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
Sooooo my real question is have you done any track time in it or just street driving? Also I am going to guess that since it was a lease then you did not make any adjustments to the suspension or handling?
The GT2 was a pleasure to drive at Sears Point. Charging up 3 and doing a perfect hill and toe downshift was something else. Pre kids, we would ditch work early on Thursday, drive up, do some wine tasting on Friday, then do the two day HPDE, do some more wine tasting on Monday, then drive home.

As far as suspension or handling. Trust me, the stock suspension, which is fully adjustable coilover from the factory, is more than enough, at least it was for me in the fast group. I was not the fastest guy, but I was not holding up traffic like a moron. And quite a few instructors who drove with came away dumbfounded when I told them the suspension was stock, stock ride height even.

The best thing about GT2 was that I drove to the track with no tools, no jack, no nothing, unlike the BMW guys who were constantly fiddling with their brakes that faded after a few sessions in the summer, their aftermarket coilovers that they turned to full stiff for heaven knows why, etc, and etc. I showed up, I drove the car, and when it was not my session, I just chilled with my wife while those BMW guys had to fiddle with their cars under the sun.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
love it! I can't wait to get mine someday

Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
love it! I can't wait to get mine someday very soon
Fixed

Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi Stuka,

Thanks for your ideas on the 996 GT2. I have a 997 GT2 - but have never driven the 996 GT2..so I cannot really judge it. What I know is that a 997 GT2 is not really easy either..but you have to know the limits..and respect the car. Any 18 year old who has never driven a high performance car will kill himself very quickly...even compared to a 458 etc the GT2 is more raw and more a "beast"...but thats exactly what I like about. It is still really what I would call a "car"..or better a "drivers car"..

Congratulations to your baby too...I might be in a similar situation soon - but for me its clear - none of cars will be sold - period. Even if I get unemployed or whatever..GT2 will not be sold. So..youre still youg..get your GT2 back..+ it seems your son also likes them...this is how I got infected with all this..when I was 7 or 8 years old I was once in a 930 turbo..from there on it was clear what I wanted..

Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
love it! I can't wait to get mine someday
Spend some money and buy one of these. Lots of GT2's out there have been crashed, and this is the only way to make certain that the one you might end up buying has not been.

Amazon.com: Elcometer 311 Automotive Refinishing Gauge for Body Shops, Used Car Dealers, Detailers - DUAL MODE (Steel and Aluminum): Home Improvement

Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Will you buy another 996 GT2 alfvckingready!?

Old 04-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by cstroked
Will you buy another 996 GT2 alfvckingready!?
I am looking for a 996 GT3.

The M3 transfer is down to one last signature and it's outta here!

Stock uncrashed bright 996 GT2's, there's probably none left.