Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTR V-spec laps ring faster that carrera GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
I want one...

Old 04-09-2008, 04:57 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
I want one...

Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by esthetique
that is insanely quick.
Condor, the thought of adding the V-spec (Jun tuned of course) to your stable must be getting you slightly excited by now.
You can say that

Old 04-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
scvr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
No i was referring to the fact it beats the Carrera GT. Who cares if it does? They are hardly competitors.

What were the OP's motives in posting it in this section?
No motive at all, I figured some people would like to read the informaition I found. I was not at all trying to start a argument amongst the board.

Cheers
Lee

Old 04-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
OK
so
it did a 725 on the ring

was it on normal octane ?
did it have cup tires ? from the look of the pictures, YES
was the track empty ? was the car a totally street legal version ?

when rohl did the ring in the carrera GT and GT2, there were other cars on the track
and he did it on the standard tires that the cars come with

don't get me wrong, the 725 is impressive...
but i think it has a large part to do with the driver being able to push the car MUCH harder to the limit, and the computers stepping in when things step out of hand

you guys have to understand the carrera gt and GT2 are NOT forgiving cars
the GT and GT2 are RWD... they have a BS traction control system... and they're on standard tires...

THEIR time is FAR more impressive than the skyline

lets wait to see the time for the new Audi R8 v10 turbo

Old 04-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
esthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve Kojasevic

dont get me wrong, the 725 is impressive...
but i think it has a large part to do with the driver being able to push teh car MUCH harder to the limit, and the computers stepping in when things step out of hand

you guys have to understand the carrera gt and gt2 are NOT forgiving cars
the GT and GT2 are RWD... they have a BS traction control system... and theyre on standard tires...

THEIR time is FAR more impressive than the skyline
I just wouldn't be writing off the time that the skyline did purely because it has a lot of technology backing it. as much as many of us don't necessarily like that much tech, it is the way of the future no doubt. hell, a modern ferrari has just about the same amount of computer wizardry.

Even if there weren't cars on the track or if it were on cup tires, we are still only talking about a couple seconds difference here. Its going to be faster than 7:38 no matter what.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
nice - thnx for the vids

Old 04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
am i the only one shocked that they are claiming a 330lb weight reduction? that seems like a lot (too bad we have to pay for this "luxury")

- chuck

Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
am i the only one shocked that they are claiming a 330lb weight reduction? that seems like a lot (too bad we have to pay for this "luxury")

- chuck
they were originally claiming a 200kg weight reduction which would be 440lbs! 330lb reduction is still impressive...

Old 04-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
easyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud ofeasyc has much to be proud of
I have tons of respect for the new GTR, but come on... basically this is a heavily modified (330 less lbs! and 600 HP) car on most likely very sticky tires going at the Ring... a similarly modified E46 M3 CSL did the ring a few seconds faster than this recently... all beit it was S/C'ed... The real impressive number is that it did what a 7:40 in stock form...

Quick Reply: GTR V-spec laps ring faster that carrera GT