Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chris Harris, EVO Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
Great mother of God.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting DJ. Looking forward to the video. How can someone not like this car.
"It’s faster, more useable and far cheaper than a 599 GTO."
"Veyron aside, it’s the fastest road car I’ve driven – but it’s completely useable and it still involves you in the process. Want."

Last edited by JonA85; 07-20-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
I am absolutely in love with this car. But the fact that almost every reviewer comments on how the turbocharged flat-6s lose their sound really irks me. Well, nothing a muffler bypass couldn't correct I suppose.
That's because it's travelling faster than sound

Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it sounds perfect. Yeah it isn't as loud at the GTO (then again what is), but the turbos spooling gets my heart going. I've always been a fan of the turbos especially after driving a 996 TT.
YouTube - New Porsche 997 GT2RS Sound - Burnout and Acceleration

Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah that settles it. Doesn't sound like a GT3, but who cares!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its an amazing car, I think this will end up like the 993 GT2 ultra extreme.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
but chris should be biased because of his love for porsches and factory racing efforts. but still im sure its great and i thank porsche for not making my 996GT2 too out of date.
The new one bascially looks like my old one and although it has almost 150 hp more and almost anything handles better than mine, it wont make me sell the old to buy the latest. this is extradinary because any new ferrari makes the old one feel 200 years old, not good when u just pay the same top dollar just a year ago.
i think thats why i still have the two 911s that i ever bought, one is almost 10 years old and the other 22 yo!!! I almost never had a ferrari over a year due to the latest and greatest rule that seems to be happening with fcars.

however, the specs makes me want the new one, but luckily they dont make enough so for a person who hasnt been to a porsche showroom in quite sometime will never be able to get one even with bags of cash over the shoulder
and seeing the new 2 makes me relate to my old one even more, it looks the same, still as scary to drive, faster than im willing to push it.....
ok.... im going to light up the flat six now....

Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by johnsgt
im going to light up the flat six now....
Take pics!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:11 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnsgt
but chris should be biased because of his love for porsches and factory racing efforts. but still im sure its great and i thank porsche for not making my 996GT2 too out of date.
The new one bascially looks like my old one and although it has almost 150 hp more and almost anything handles better than mine, it wont make me sell the old to buy the latest. this is extradinary because any new ferrari makes the old one feel 200 years old, not good when u just pay the same top dollar just a year ago.
i think thats why i still have the two 911s that i ever bought, one is almost 10 years old and the other 22 yo!!! I almost never had a ferrari over a year due to the latest and greatest rule that seems to be happening with fcars.

however, the specs makes me want the new one, but luckily they dont make enough so for a person who hasnt been to a porsche showroom in quite sometime will never be able to get one even with bags of cash over the shoulder
and seeing the new 2 makes me relate to my old one even more, it looks the same, still as scary to drive, faster than im willing to push it.....
ok.... im going to light up the flat six now....
John, Old is gold....enjoy your precious gems

Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud ofJLO Targa has much to be proud of
You are right on the money . . .
Harris is hands down the most important guy in automotive media today! His reviews blow away anything TG does just for the sheer reality of the commentary and footage.
JC is an entertainer in comparison, all be it - just as important, just not as relevant.

Quick Reply: Chris Harris, EVO Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review