Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by F1-LH
rj, question on the thicker steering wheel. i have been told by a buddy of mine, that the alacantra will begin to tear behind the wheel, where the stitching meets by just the force of your hand over time. i dont know how the stitching is, but by your experience so far.. do you think that problem can arouse?
thanks in advance.
I think it is certainly possible to happen with this steering wheel if it is abused, but my comment would be that it would happen no more with the thicker alcantara wheel than the normal alcantara wheel (or any other brand's, like BMW, etc). While it is thicker, the seams are the same design and same type of stitching, and point of attachment as the regular alcantara slim wheel. Again, no first hand experience since I haven't gotten to that point yet, but observationally it doesn't seem like a concern at all.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
You have the perfect .2 RS, 'nuff said. I would love to change everything on red with black to match .1 RS, but seeing how gorgeous your car is would make me think twice!

Enjoy! It is cool that your brother and father and into the car scene as well, something that you guys can share and enjoy together!

Old 09-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
You have the perfect .2 RS, 'nuff said. I would love to change everything on red with black to match .1 RS, but seeing how gorgeous your car is would make me think twice!

Enjoy! It is cool that your brother and father and into the car scene as well, something that you guys can share and enjoy together!
Thanks man. It was my original intention to do exactly that - a White RS with black wheels, graphics, mirrors, etc, just like the beautiful white/black RS.1's that a few TSers have here. But a few things made me "go red": I wanted to see the front "lipstick" in a contrasting color, I wanted my own version of the classic 2.7 RS colors, and I also wanted to ape the 996 RS, and for a while was considering the black mirrors and winglets to complete the look. Overall, I'm just happy I was able to get the car and all of my fanatical obsessing over speccing was not a chore but a privilege with which I was blessed.

Car fanaticism is not limited to me and my brother and dad - you'll eventually see all of my family members in these pics at some point, because we are all a little car mad.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned
chapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond reputechapsbk has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rjmontoya
I think it is certainly possible to happen with this steering wheel if it is abused, but my comment would be that it would happen no more with the thicker alcantara wheel than the normal alcantara wheel (or any other brand's, like BMW, etc). While it is thicker, the seams are the same design and same type of stitching, and point of attachment as the regular alcantara slim wheel. Again, no first hand experience since I haven't gotten to that point yet, but observationally it doesn't seem like a concern at all.
Thank you for confirming, appreciate it.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Indoor Car Cover and White Side Markers

Indoor Car Cover, Part number 997 044 000 16. Specifically made for the 997 RS.2, not the Cup Car cover. This thing is so tight it is actually a little scary stretching it out over the wing, because a couple of times I was certain it was going to rip.

Went to the Porschefest yesterday at the Larz Anderson Museum, and had a great time. I had my car judged in the "Top and Interior" category and I amusingly only came in 4th place. Out of 11 contenders. And my car is only 3 months old. It actually speaks to how fanatical these guys were about keeping their car clean - one of the categories was "gas cap well cleanliness."

Porschefest - Larz Anderson Museum - a set on Flickr

My car, at the event:

Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member

The "other" White RS at the Porschefest event. Not a huge fan of the white tail lights on a white car, and the interior spec was nothing special, which I guess makes sense since this was a dealer spec car from Herb Chambers.

Venerable Teamspeed Member and all-around nice guy, JonA85, in some jerk's Porsche:

Pictures of my long overdue, clear side markers:

Old 09-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics! The clear markers look great. Just noticed your plates too. Nice.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Whose that good looking kid in your Porsche? Haha Ryan it was so nice to meet you and your girlfriend. We have to get together soon before the bad weather comes.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome event! Anymore pics/info on the blue 930? Know what color it is?

BTW that cover looks crazy, I have no idea how it goes over the wing!

Old 09-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
the last couple of pics of your car were amazing.

Quick Reply: My First Porsche