Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to the Blitzkrieg: TPC Racing Project GT2 Blitzkrieg

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
There are many more pad compounds available for steel brakes and the replacement of steel brakes is significantly less expensive.

Steel Brakes also seem to hold up better in our experience.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:19 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
There are many more pad compounds available for steel brakes and the replacement of steel brakes is significantly less expensive.

Steel Brakes also seem to hold up better in our experience.
Thanks for the tid bit of info.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned
Freak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TB993tt
Good to see you here too

I like the VTG philosophy, they are the core technology of the latest Porsche turbos and it is good to see you persevering with them.

FWIW for the biggest VTG RS Tuning use which produces engine dyno ~740PS they specify 3.9 litre conversion, they say this is needed to produce the "correct" power curve - hence why your curve may well be accurate for your oversized compressors ?

This is really for the punters out there reading - you are running 1047NM peak on stock rods ? I have a set of Carrillos arriving tomorrow as at my torque level 827NM @3000rpm engine dyno, there have been a number of failures in Germany, and not pretty failures..... I'm not sure what this means but I guess a combination of over zealous measurement of peak torque by a spinning set of rollers, not as big a loading torque spread (ie mine runs around 800NM from 3000rpm to 7000rpm) and probably cars not being run as hard as is possible with no speed limits ? Whatever it is, it sure is confusing for the punters, and believe me I have no desire to have my engine stripped for this expensive work
We used TPC modded VTG's ( and intercoolers ) for 20,000km and no problem...The car rans awesome for daily use and HARD street racing (+300kmh ) and it ran AWESOME!!

BTW...The car is tip which made less hp/tq than 6speed and i have some vids for that car able to beat H/C 575rwhp C6ZO6, cammed 06 Viper new ( new and bolt ons ) gixxer1000's and gen II busa'a.

The car onlt lost by 3-4 cars ( until about 300kmh ) for bolt-ons new busa's and built 434ci 780rwhp C6ZO6 w/Novi SC

Show us what is RS tuning modded VTG's 997tt can do on streets???...Stop posting RS tuning RACE CARS ON TRACKS!!!!

Show us RS tuning customer cars..I guess u and that rs/cg r the only one LOOOL!!!

YouTube - 1080p: Cargraphic Porsche 911 GT2 Powerkit 3 vs DMS / SMR 911 turbo (997) Stage II 6-speed

I can PM u the vids for races above!!!!!!

On 6speed car same kit the car ran 100-200kmh in 5.7sec on pumpgas and 2 passenger....The car has on shelf tune file

Last edited by Freak997turbo; 07-14-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Shakedown this past weekend @ Summit Main...

Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM

obligatory tripod photo

Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished road
subscribed. Can't wait to see it.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
rmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura about
Shakedown this past weekend @ Summit Main...

Casey - That's me about 3 cars back in the Grey GT3RS weaving thru traffic trying to catch Mike (Yea right!). Actually feasibly as he was testing/tuning and only running at 6/10ths for only a lap or 2 before pulling in

He gave me a bit of setup advice as I was pushing like a pig thru that section yet stable in the high speeds. Going to try it for next event.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:45 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ryan, You are featured in this video! Your car looks pretty quick.

YouTube - TPC Racing : 997 GT2 Blitzkrieg Initial Shakedown

Old 07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Couple more updates...

Been working hard getting just the right combination for road racing...

Mike has been working with different turbine trims in order to get the ideal power band... Our goal for our GT2 Program is to develop as system that has nice table top of torque and a remarkably linear hp curve the entire way up to the redline... This isnt a final product but you can see where we are getting with our different levels of power...

This is all on 93 octane.

The next step, when we get back from VIR is to continue development on a proprietary intake system for the car... Pictures are of the stock GT2 intake manifold.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
rmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura aboutrmag has a spectacular aura about
Ryan, You are featured in this video! Your car looks pretty quick.

YouTube - TPC Racing : 997 GT2 Blitzkrieg Initial Shakedown
Cool! Still feelin the car out (that was my first full event in it), but should be capable of 1:18s there with me driving. Good luck this weekend. Let us know how the car and Mike perform.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the Blitzkrieg: TPC Racing Project GT2 Blitzkrieg