Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to the Blitzkrieg: TPC Racing Project GT2 Blitzkrieg

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Great project!

Just curious guys...are you working with europipe on the exhaust or a you simply modifying a europie to your standards?

Keep us posted!

Old 07-03-2010, 12:29 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbodickie
Thanks Casey. I am awaiting the results. That's for the update. Let me know when you go to VIR.
We will be @ VIR next on the 23rd of July.

We have a very long standing relationship with Europipe. All of our "turbo" cars have Europipe on them and they are always the first we recommend to anyone.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Banned
Freak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these partsFreak997turbo is infamous around these parts
Hey Casey

We can't wait for final results but ur dyno act strange with GT2....what's the reason??

We dyno 2 stock GT2 and they made 490-500rwhp and after flash, exhaust, Dv's and airfilter we saw 580-590rwhp.

BTW...We tried ur modded 997tt VTG's and I/C's on 6speed 997tt and they work excellent

60-130 ran 6.5-6.6sec on pumpgas!!!

Can't wait for modded GT2 VTG's!!.

Keep update us

Old 07-05-2010, 10:03 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
The dyno didnt act strage. you can see that the car made significantly more power after we put it back to stock! This car will be a lot of fun and we are looking forward to it as well!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
few updates... Ran the Europipe exhaust for a few runs and it made some nice mid range gains... But in order to give everyone some good options we are going to continue development with the stock Akrapovic exhaust for the time being and after we get our turbos installed, install the europipe back on and measure the gains...

These two pics show our 127mm Blitzkrieg intercoolers installed.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Your efforts on a 997GT2 have piqued my interest...

I checked out your site and saw your "worlds fastest VTG" 997tt with the curves below:

A couple of questions please ?

I have seen other US tuners showing maximum torque also at this 4200rpm level using conventional non VTG turbos so what exactly is the advantage of using VTGs if the torque doesn't peak until 4200rpm ?

This engine with its 770ftlbs/1047NM is built with carrillo rods - am I correct ?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Toby, good to see you here!

Our goal in building high horsepower cars is to keep them simple... Through our decades of pro racing with porsche we have always found that staying simple is key and always fastest.

We have continued VTG development as we feel that it is the "OEM" Option... we dont have to cut anything up, we dont have to add external wastegates or modify the stock oil lines. Look at how our intercoolers fit... They dont require any modification of the factory tubing and retain the clips that the stock pieces use. Porsche did an incredible job building these cars and we arent going to reinvent the wheel.

Keep in mind that the dyno is done at full throttle, it doesnt show part throttle or the power the car makes on initial throttle tip in. These VGT cars have incredible drivability!

This GT2 is going to turn great lap times in a few weeks down @ VIR and I will be providing IATs just for you

this is a stock block car.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 07-08-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Good to see you here too

I like the VTG philosophy, they are the core technology of the latest Porsche turbos and it is good to see you persevering with them.

FWIW for the biggest VTG RS Tuning use which produces engine dyno ~740PS they specify 3.9 litre conversion, they say this is needed to produce the "correct" power curve - hence why your curve may well be accurate for your oversized compressors ?

This is really for the punters out there reading - you are running 1047NM peak on stock rods ? I have a set of Carrillos arriving tomorrow as at my torque level 827NM @3000rpm engine dyno, there have been a number of failures in Germany, and not pretty failures..... I'm not sure what this means but I guess a combination of over zealous measurement of peak torque by a spinning set of rollers, not as big a loading torque spread (ie mine runs around 800NM from 3000rpm to 7000rpm) and probably cars not being run as hard as is possible with no speed limits ? Whatever it is, it sure is confusing for the punters, and believe me I have no desire to have my engine stripped for this expensive work

Old 07-14-2010, 03:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Getting further into this... Just made a pull at 620whp on pump fuel on low boost concentrating on massive mid range and high end...

While we are working on a few other odds and ends we have begun swapping out the ceramic brakes for the steel pieces off of a new 10/11 GT3 RS.

Pics...

Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for the noobish question, but why are you swapping out the ceramics for the steel brakes? Aren't the ceramics better in every way?

Quick Reply: Welcome to the Blitzkrieg: TPC Racing Project GT2 Blitzkrieg