Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF CTR-3 "Blackbird"

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010 | 05:07 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
RUF is the home of everything I hold sacred and consider automotive heaven - the CTR, the CTR2, the 993 RTurbo and the RT12. But I genuinely believe the CTR3 is ugly as balls, and Alois must've gotten a brain freeze when he designed it. Even scarier is the fan base around it - I mean just look at it! It is hideous!

I believe they could have gone a completely different route with a "super car." I think the car looks great! but i believe it could defiantly be better. when a car that's in this price range looks similar to a car that is $380 less, its just not cutting it.

The CTR and CTR2, are two of the worlds greatest cars. The CTR3 just needs to be more unique.

Old 05-28-2010 | 05:55 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
I believe they could have gone a completely different route with a "super car." I think the car looks great! but i believe it could defiantly be better. when a car that's in this price range looks similar to a car that is $380 less, its just not cutting it.

The CTR and CTR2, are two of the worlds greatest cars. The CTR3 just needs to be more unique.
If I were Gary, I'd wait for the CTR-4.

Old 05-28-2010 | 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
ollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud of
The CTR and CTR2, are two of the worlds greatest cars. The CTR3 just needs to be more unique.[/QUOTE]

I agree on the ctr and ctr2 but do you think the reason the CTR3 may not live up to these cars is because it IS so unique? I always saw the beauty of RUF type cars as their ability to fit in amongst all other porsches and then blow them to kingdom come, with the CTR3 the car loses this dimension. Gotta admire RUF for trying to move further away from their Porsche origins, but IMO this wasn't the best option.

Old 05-28-2010 | 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
If I were Gary, I'd wait for the CTR-4.
Yes I am going to pass on the CTR3. Maybe the CTR4 will have a new twin turbo V-8 and be more visually appealing. Until then I have decided to get a new Ferrari 599 GTO.

Old 05-28-2010 | 08:26 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ollie

I agree on the ctr and ctr2 but do you think the reason the CTR3 may not live up to these cars is because it IS so unique? I always saw the beauty of RUF type cars as their ability to fit in amongst all other porsches and then blow them to kingdom come, with the CTR3 the car loses this dimension. Gotta admire RUF for trying to move further away from their Porsche origins, but IMO this wasn't the best option.

I personally believe the CTR3 won't live up to the other CTR's because it doesn't seem to have that rawness to it. The CTRs were high powered 911's, engine out back, neck snapping performance, and to me, they look far better than the CTR3. I am not saying the CTR3 looks bad, in person you can't help but stand there and stare at it for awhile. The CTR3 is just to close in resemblance to a cayman...sorry, but its true. RUF did an amazing job creating a car from the ground up. After my ride with Alois in the CTR3 i can say that this car hauls some serious ***.

When or if the CTR4 comes out, I'm sure RUF will correct mistakes made with the CTR3. And it should or will live up to the great RUF CTR and CTR2.

Old 05-28-2010 | 08:56 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Yes I am going to pass on the CTR3. Maybe the CTR4 will have a new twin turbo V-8 and be more visually appealing. Until then I have decided to get a new Ferrari 599 GTO.
Ferrari is second best in my mind. Very very close to Porsche.

Old 05-28-2010 | 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Mate, please stop changing your signiture

Old 05-28-2010 | 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura about
But I think that is still very nice!!! Nice photos!!!

Old 05-29-2010 | 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
IMO I think Ruf is amazing at maxing out perfomance while retaining reliablity of porsche, with the ctr3 they wanted to branch out more with there own supercar. Its strengths in the fact it still looks porsche and yet doesn't is its pro and con. I mean with all that HP mid engine, exclusiveness and sequential and reliablity of RUF you cant go wrong. I think thats where Ruf stopped. I think there mindset is like porsche you gotta make small incremental improvements on a very stable platform. I like the ctr3 though havent seen it in person defintely a drivers car which is something to be said. Im sure the next one will be amazing as long as its for the most part pleasing to the eye which note Is getting difficult in the realm of unique supercars.

Old 05-30-2010 | 11:34 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by B4rad
Mate, please stop changing your signiture
Well, the 944 is too heavy and has too many problems, the Boxster SS is too expensive, but the 914 is a perfect small light-weight cheap compromise.

Quick Reply: RUF CTR-3 "Blackbird"