Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O Canada! SharkWerks completes another 8800-RPM 3.9L GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
AcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ced
One of my good friends is a car dealer in Montreal.
And once we were driving around MTL and he told me, most of the 996 and 997 model Porsche license plates start with 996 and 997 in Quebec, just a fun fact thought i throw out there!

Driver sure is an enthusiast!
Yeah, dealers here buy lots of license plates that start or end with what they want.

Porsche has the 997's, BMW has the bmw's, etc... They're is even a white LP560 with a 560 LPG plate

It's not a coincidence

Last edited by AcuraMDX; 05-28-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to SW and the owner! This story can't get much better. True enthusiasts!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Dan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Driving it all 3000 miles home, my kind of guys Congrats on another completed 3.9, such a track day sleeper.
Thanks, yes that's one heck of a road trip eh? Most people probably would've shipped it.

Originally Posted by RufMD
great story...nice to see a father and son sharing a hobby with that kind of passion...excellent !
Definitely, always good to see this.

Originally Posted by Smoke
I just had a guy drive home from New Jersey to Canada after a detail but from Cali to Canada? That is an enthusiast! Im sure it will be a fun ride, excellent work and attention to detail as always!

Yoswirl time !
Thanks and glad you enjoyed it. Yoswir!l? Oh no!

Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
A 3,000 mile trip in a 500hp N/A GT3 spec Sharkwerks tuned 3.9 Porsche?

I need that.
I imagine it's very therapeutic.

Originally Posted by Ced
One of my good friends is a car dealer in Montreal.
And once we were driving around MTL and he told me, most of the 996 and 997 model Porsche license plates start with 996 and 997 in Quebec, just a fun fact thought i throw out there!

Driver sure is an enthusiast!
Originally Posted by AcuraMDX
Yeah, dealers here buy lots of license plates that start or end with what they want.

Porsche has the 997's, BMW has the bmw's, etc... They're is even a white LP560 with a 560 LPG plate

It's not a coincidence
The owner mentioned this as well, apparently the plates are unavailable for custom order, so the people hold the numbers they know people might want (997 XXX, 997 XXY etc.).

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Lucky owner and I bet they had fun on that 3000 mile trip!
For sure, here's a picture of them driving through the mountains near Reno on the trip home. Snow and ice are no match for the 3.9L!

Originally Posted by mtechnik
Congrats to SW and the owner! This story can't get much better. True enthusiasts!
Thanks and it's our pleasure Hope we can post more pictures of the adventure as it unfolds!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
Yami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura aboutYami has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Stephan
I hope to see it here in Montreal!
me too verry nice car.....hope too see him at lapping @ ASE...lolll more Tremblant........