Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The revised version of the Nokia 8800

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
The revised version of the Nokia 8800

Nokia 8800 Arte Edition w/ BH-803

The Nokia 8800 Arte ups the ante on the 8800 series phones. While retaining it's incredible build quality, the 8800 Arte adds UMTS (2100mhz), a 3.15MP Camera, 1GB of built-in memory and a 16M Color OLED display. Innovative features such as "turn-to-mute" function which allows you to turn the phone screen side down to switch to silent mode (during an incoming call or when the alarm is ringing) and the "tap-for-time" function which displays the analog time when you double-tap on the steel surface below the display. The 8800 Arte comes with the custom BH-803 Bluetooth Headset to match, with touch-sensitive controls.The larger 1000mah battery also helps with talk and standby times.

Retail is about $1299...

Old 01-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, really like the 3MP camera but $1299? Ouch!

Old 01-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
agreed its a bit pricey.

I loved my 8801 but man after 2 hours of talk time the battery would be completely out.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
My only complaint with the 8801 was tha battery... I still bought two of them. Absolutly love the look. A better battery would make me buy one of those.. Just needs to be around 5-6bills. I'm done spending 1k on a frikn phone.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
I had the 8801 for about 8 months and its the best phone I have ever used bar none. I loved it, everyone around me loved it.

I did not however, love the battery. I could get by with useing the dock charger religiously, and a car charger. The biggest downfall though was I had a girlfriend at the time who absolutely loved Txt and more importantly picture messages. ergo, I needed a phone with a MUCH larger screen.

I will wait until someone buys it and uses it for a month and pick it up used for ~650 hopefully. I absolutely loved my 8801. Nothing feels as solid as it. I like the sounds of this one.

Cheers.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2nd that one spending 1k on phones....

I use to switch out of phones every 3 months...

I'm using the iphone now not bad not good.

Besides ATT wireless is horrible.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
I had the 8801 for about 8 months and its the best phone I have ever used bar none. I loved it, everyone around me loved it.

I did not however, love the battery. I could get by with useing the dock charger religiously, and a car charger. The biggest downfall though was I had a girlfriend at the time who absolutely loved Txt and more importantly picture messages. ergo, I needed a phone with a MUCH larger screen.

I will wait until someone buys it and uses it for a month and pick it up used for ~650 hopefully. I absolutely loved my 8801. Nothing feels as solid as it. I like the sounds of this one.

Cheers.
For the 8801, I told my GF I would never reply to her texts again. She had no choice but to comply. I didn't get rid (actually never got rid of, just sits on my desk) the 8801 until I just couldn't stand the battery(sss) anymore.

Last edited by Joeskie; 01-31-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by phil
2nd that one spending 1k on phones....

I use to switch out of phones every 3 months...

I'm using the iphone now not bad not good.

Besides ATT wireless is horrible.
Yeah...And I've had my BB Pearl for a little bit too long

Old 01-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Wow, really like the 3MP camera but $1299? Ouch!
600 tops within half a year after the release.

I always liked the series...but the bat. life compared to other companies (not even going to mention the nokia E line...cause it never runs out) was horrible.

If this thing can keep the power usage in check I know a LOT of people who will snap this up.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Joe would you consider selling yours?

Quick Reply: The revised version of the Nokia 8800