Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New shoes for the RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LBMA5820
WHat is the tread wer rating of the R888? I thought the Corsas we much stickier?
Treadwear = 100 but imo that number is kind of relative.

Also to a comment above about the Nitto INVO's, I did not like them. The sidewalls are to soft, bouncy ride and spongy effect on hard cornering and load.

Ranger

Old 05-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
you should show these to snowboarder:P

Old 05-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
R888's are great trackday tire! they are cheap, last about 4~5 track days for me (each day consists 4~5 25min session) and is sticky!

i do think like some said earlier, it does break away after maybe 15~20min of driving.

Nitto NT01's are better in terms of longetivity and grip level is about same as R888.
sad they don't come in 19" sizes...

Old 05-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Had the chance to put these to the test on the wet yesterday and was very impressed. They were very predictable and not squirlly. I keep listening but I do not hear any undue road noise.
Considering costs, Pirelli Corsas are off my menu.

Ranger

Old 05-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
mxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished roadmxk116 is on a distinguished road
Just came back from Mid Ohio this weekend with the 2007 GT3 RS. Used Toyo R888 255/35x18 front, 315/30x18 rear on CCW C10 wheels (9" front, 12" rear). Cold pressure 30/31 ended up hot 36/38 which is, I am told, about where the hot pressures should be.

This was my first experience with the R888. I read a wide range of opinions posted re: the performance of the R888 and they ranged from "the worst tires I ever used" to "superior." I decided to try them for the same reasons as GT3Ranger; price, availability and range of 18" sizes. I purchased the Toyos for $843.00 including shipping.

I have always been a fan of Hoosier R6 tires for the ultimate in grip but in my experience they get greasy when over driven and don't hold up as long as I would like. I switched to BFG R1 for my track car and have been very pleased with the performance and longevity. They don't have the same ultimate grip as the R6 but it is very close. They are more consistent over long runs, don't deteriorate when over driven and last, in my application, 3x longer than the R6 Hoosier. Unfortunately the BFG R1 is not made in an 18" rear tire size that I can use on the GT3 RS (the 335/30x18 won't fit).

That lead me to search for an alternative. Since I consider myself a novice with the GT3 RS I wanted to start with a tire I believed would give me more feedback at the limit than the Hoosier R6. Combined with the reasonable replacement cost the R888 seemed like a good match to my needs.

My impressions are very similar to GT3Rangers. I am quite pleased with the grip and feedback of the tire. I will play with the tire pressures a but more but suffice to say the R888 allowed me to induce throttle over steer when desired as well as correct for a bit of push on corner exit. This allowed me to get on throttle earlier and improve lap times incrementally. Once warmed up they stayed very consistent and predictable. At the end of the event the tires look to have at least 5-6 more weekends in them (the tires were full thread depth, not shaved). Conditions were hot and dry and this was only one weekend, but based on my initial experience I would recommend trying them to anyone with similar needs.