Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New shoes for the RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I agree Corsas are my favorite and are more superior than the MPS2 and Cups. Recently however, many people are impressed with the much less expensive Hankook Ventus . Was told they have incredible grips in the dry.

Last edited by vincentdds; 05-24-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I agree Corsas are my favorite and are more superior than the MPS2 and Cups. Recently however, many people are impressed with the much less expensive Hankook Ventus . Was told they have incredible grips in the dry.
Which tire is that? I am not familiar with a Hankook Ventus competition.
There's the Ventus V12 which has gained popularity by some when time to change tires. Especially from the Michelin PS2's. Though not sure they can compare.

Regarding the R888's I haven't noticed any annoying road noise or drone but will pay closer attention.
The Pirelli Trofeo's are even more expensive. Have no experience but read that GMG gained 1.5 to 2.0 sec per lap which is a lifetime.
Personally for a track tire only, short of true slicks, I'd run the Hoosier R6's.

Cheers
Ranger

Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
trouble with the hoosiers are a) you cant use them on the road b) they are slicks in a easy compound that dosent really need warming up, so no good in the wet.

Corsa system

corsa r

Old 05-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
woppum I agree as I said as a track tire only the Hoosier was a choice.
The Corsa you posted with that tread pattern according to the tire rack is only available in 17" (and for that matter only one dimension).
Do you know more info you could share?
The other Pirelli pattern is the Corsa system which was what I had before.

Cheers
Ranger

Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
when are you using them. I've had a guy give me a set of them and I'm going to use them in a couple of weeks on my RS or my Scud. Don't know which. Hope they are good. They've got 150 miles on them Road use. Should be good for one track day anyway

Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
when are you using them. I've had a guy give me a set of them and I'm going to use them in a couple of weeks on my RS or my Scud. Don't know which. Hope they are good. They've got 150 miles on them Road use. Should be good for one track day anyway
No they suck! I'll dispose them for you.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i loved the Corsas too but itoo succumbed to a cheaper tire on my new gt3 - NITTO invo

great street tire - they absolutley suck on the track - awful describes it - greasy slippery wallowing garbage ---- i am tempted to throw them away right after the rainy season and go pack to Pirelli - I run the TOYOs as a rain tire on my Lotus - great track tire in the wet - nothing like Hoosiers on dry track though...

Old 05-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Montana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond reputeMontana has a reputation beyond repute
R888's in the hard tread pattern (GG) are incredible. They will last multiple track days and I did 6000 road miles on my last set.

The dry grip, I think, is vastly superior to P-Zero corsas, as it should be, its designed as a track only tire.

The wet grip is bad. Watch for standing water, you will aquaplane easily.

Normal damp roads are OK tho.

They are also noisy, but not vastly so on standard American concrete roads. On asphalt you'll notice the difference.

I ran mine all spring/summer/autumn last year on a 320Bhp race prepped M3. Absolutely awesome tires.

Dry they will run rings round pilot sport cups/corsas, its wet where they are not as good.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor
FORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud ofFORGELINE has much to be proud of
We love the R888, can't go wrong with a DOT approved, street legal R-compound tire.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Montana
R888's in the hard tread pattern (GG) are incredible. They will last multiple track days and I did 6000 road miles on my last set.

The dry grip, I think, is vastly superior to P-Zero corsas, as it should be, its designed as a track only tire.

The wet grip is bad. Watch for standing water, you will aquaplane easily.

Normal damp roads are OK tho.

They are also noisy, but not vastly so on standard American concrete roads. On asphalt you'll notice the difference.

I ran mine all spring/summer/autumn last year on a 320Bhp race prepped M3. Absolutely awesome tires.

Dry they will run rings round pilot sport cups/corsas, its wet where they are not as good.
WHat is the tread wer rating of the R888? I thought the Corsas we much stickier?