Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockingham RS pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
Savyboy or gt3 owners what do you think of the stock set up? Not going to put aftermarket in just interested.
After much playing around I have settled with simply going from middle hole on rear bar to full tight. For me it feels great, very neutral. Little push yet no tendency for looseness either. So progressive and predictable to me.

I see no reason nor do I plan to add any aftermarket mods other than my safety gear (which I installed right after delivery).

Out thrashing at Buttonwillow today, what joy to drive.

Really looking forward to hearing your Spa experience!

Old 05-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
sounds good. after spa im going to see if i need camber/toe tweeks etc. I think ill probably go for a more extreem set up now im getting an everyday car too.

Ill try and get the video camera working with a roll bar clamp.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
went for 2 easy laps on the bic yestrday, felt awesome, as for the suspention tweeking, i was promised the German Manthey setup, im stil waitin

Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
sounds good. after spa im going to see if i need camber/toe tweeks etc. I think ill probably go for a more extreem set up now im getting an everyday car too.

Ill try and get the video camera working with a roll bar clamp.
.2 RS does not need more than stock camber (see back pages of your owners manual for "track" spec). Several of us put camber in only to take it right back out. Lowered roll center/revised geometry negates the need (on previous 3's) for more camber.

Now if you go to racing slicks that is a different story and you probably want springs and camber.

My toe is zero to toe out just a touch and while wandery on the highway, it works well on track (quick to transition).

Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by savyboy
.2 RS does not need more than stock camber (see back pages of your owners manual for "track" spec). Several of us put camber in only to take it right back out. Lowered roll center/revised geometry negates the need (on previous 3's) for more camber.

Now if you go to racing slicks that is a different story and you probably want springs and camber.

My toe is zero to toe out just a touch and while wandery on the highway, it works well on track (quick to transition).
You may have different sorts of tracks over there but everyone who tracks in the UK swears by heavy track set ups. Where is glenn and pic of his car?

Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
wurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to allwurlie is a name known to all
Glenn has a 997.1 RS.
997.2GT3 and RS have different suspension geometry driven by dynamic engine mounts, and therefore require less negative camber - unless you have slicks.
Hope this helps,
w