Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 RS look. Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
2007 to 2010 RS look. Wheels?

What wheels in red would look best for gray/red RS look on my 2007 GT3?

HRE P40 or P43? Or, Champion RS98 or RS171?

HRE will finish them in red, but Champion wheels are a little lighter I think.

I'm open to other suggestions. Info, insight, or photoshop would be awesome. Thanks.

Last edited by OmahaGT; 05-16-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
There several choices but the GMG centerlocks look very nice and weights are outstanding. BBS also makes a wheels.

Ranger

Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
There several choices but the GMG centerlocks look very nice and weights are outstanding. BBS also makes a wheels.

Ranger
GMG's centerlocks are awesome. This is for my 2007 GT3 though.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1274034057

Attached Images     
Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Old 05-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm. I was also going to say GMG center locks, or the BBS centerlocks, but your car doesn't have center locks. Here is a conversion kit that converts your chassis to be able to hold center locking rims. It works with PCCBs, and comes with 4 RS Spyder wheels with tires and centerlocks, and the conversion that you install on your brake pads. It's a very good price, but keep in mind shipping, and installation. It'll probably end up costing you 15k total. Comes with every thing you see here x4 .

Here's the link:
Center Locking Wheel Conversion Kit - Ceramic:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW

If those are too expensive, you can get the non-centerlocking RS Spyder rims: 20" RS Spyder Design Wheels & Tires:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW
They aren't as cool, and they're probably too big for your GT3.

So maybe the BBS RS-GT rims?
BBS RS-GT Bright Sil w/Mach Lip

Still, they are expensive.

If I were you I'd go with the center lock conversion kit with the RS Spyders. Here's what it could look like when it's done. It was done very, very, very quickly so please excuse the poor quality work.

Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, Suncoast says the conversion kit is only for Turbos. No one seems to know if it will work on GT3. Tempting just to try it, but I'll wait until I know it works. Some red 5 lug wheels, 2010 RS graphics, and accents sound good in the mean time.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, Suncoast says the conversion kit is only for Turbos. No one seems to know if it will work on GT3. Tempting just to try it, but I'll wait until I know it works. Some red 5 lug wheels, 2010 RS graphics, and accents sound good in the mean time.
That sounds cool. Have you contacted Suncoast? If you have wheel spacers they should be able to fit. It seems that they only fit widebodies, so wheel spacers would fix that. That is a VERY goof price for the wheels though. A set of rims could easily run you up to around 10k, but RS Spyder wheels with a conversion only 8k. Very good pricing.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
That sounds cool. Have you contacted Suncoast? If you have wheel spacers they should be able to fit. It seems that they only fit widebodies, so wheel spacers would fix that. That is a VERY goof price for the wheels though. A set of rims could easily run you up to around 10k, but RS Spyder wheels with a conversion only 8k. Very good pricing.
Suncoast says it is only for Turbo and they aren't sure if it would work. GMG wants me to bring my car to them because they aren't sure about additional parts and custom fabrication..

Old 05-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
Suncoast says it is only for Turbo and they aren't sure if it would work. GMG wants me to bring my car to them because they aren't sure about additional parts and custom fabrication..
GMG's centerlocks look very similar, and I'm sure they'd be able to do a custom fabrication of either your car or the wheels.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thought about p47? could look good or the comp97s would look real good to(below)

Quick Reply: 2010 RS look. Wheels?