Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT2RS/GT2 Picture Thread......Go!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi TB993tt,

First congratulations to your two beauties..especially the 993 turbo is a masterpiece..is that a Gemballa 993 turbo? Just marvelous these cars..

I own a 997 GT2..and have seen you conversion - well just the final product and would be grateful if you could answer me a few questions as Im also thinking of some modifications:

1) Have you thougt of the centre lock wheels conversion, is this possible? I know that for the 997 turbo there was a Porsche conversion kit to centre locking wheels? would this kit fit for the GT2 too? the really expensive will be however the wheels..

2) the rear bumper you have - is that an original GT2RS bumper? the plastic below looks a bit different..

3) you have also put the extensions on the front fenders of the GT2RS..did you also make the front axle a bit wider - with spacers? if so, how much..?

4) What have you done on your engine? 3.9 - done by Carghraphic? Result? ~ 620HP?

Thanks..

Ah, are you coming to the Spa Porsche days?-12-13may? really interesting event..
Hi Jumping Horse.

Firstly congratulations on your choice of car, the 997GT2 is IMO the best car Porsche have ever made....

The 993 turbo bodywork is FVD arch extensions, shaved gutters and no sunroof with DP Motorsport rear screen and lots of Techart carbon parts, doors, bonnet.... the engine is an RS Tuning 3.8 litre with new Secan intercooler, 800NM/600hp.

Gemballa RIP made some interesting body conversions but all his engines were done elsewhere, for the 993 turbo he used mainly TTP, they never made more than about 520hp..

To answer your questions:
1) Centre locks are a total pain IMO and one reason why I didn't consider the GT2RS as a platform for my modified GT2, it is simply too much of an issue having to have special tools to remove the wheels for me. My wheels are very special BBS Fi (8.9kg rear and 7.4kg front) with Pogloponi titanium bolts and I really like them

2) The Bumper is GT2RS but the lower portion is painted body colour (black on the RS) and I have fitted the rear parking sensors.

3)Yes spacers on the front, I use 6mm but it depends on the offset of the wheels you use.

4)If you have half an hour the full details of the engine "saga" are in the link below - feel free to contribute

Ultimate VTG engines - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Another pic - cos this is the pic thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TB993tt
Hi Jumping Horse.

Firstly congratulations on your choice of car, the 997GT2 is IMO the best car Porsche have ever made....

The 993 turbo bodywork is FVD arch extensions, shaved gutters and no sunroof with DP Motorsport rear screen and lots of Techart carbon parts, doors, bonnet.... the engine is an RS Tuning 3.8 litre with new Secan intercooler, 800NM/600hp.

Gemballa RIP made some interesting body conversions but all his engines were done elsewhere, for the 993 turbo he used mainly TTP, they never made more than about 520hp..

To answer your questions:
1) Centre locks are a total pain IMO and one reason why I didn't consider the GT2RS as a platform for my modified GT2, it is simply too much of an issue having to have special tools to remove the wheels for me. My wheels are very special BBS Fi (8.9kg rear and 7.4kg front) with Pogloponi titanium bolts and I really like them

2) The Bumper is GT2RS but the lower portion is painted body colour (black on the RS) and I have fitted the rear parking sensors.

3)Yes spacers on the front, I use 6mm but it depends on the offset of the wheels you use.

4)If you have half an hour the full details of the engine "saga" are in the link below - feel free to contribute

Ultimate VTG engines - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Another pic - cos this is the pic thread
Hi TB993,

Thanks for your info..i checked your link in rennlist..huh..your car is awesome The thing is I have a few other cars too...and cant devote so much time just to one baby..

Ah, yes the 997 GT2 is one of the best cars Porsche ever made - the same goes however according to me also for a 997 GT3 - that I own too..I will post some pictures here some time soon..

Regarding the spacers: do you feel the difference in handling? was is it necessary to put the gt2 fender extensions - or would 7mm also possible without fender extension..?

Rergarding Gemballa, well, you have to give them credit - they were the first one to break the 8:00 at the Nürburgring with a 993..I think 7:54 was their time..and even better their GT600 996 GT3 based 911 was also like a Carrera GT at 7:33 !! Your 993 is also great..wow..600HP in a 993..which one you enjoy driving more? I guess the 993 is really pure and raw- or? I remember when I was a teenager reading reports about the RUF CTR2..this must have been a beast

Greetings to the UK and if you ever come to Spa let me know,

Old 01-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-24-2012, 03:29 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Volker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the roughVolker_VV is a jewel in the rough
Manthey Trackday 2011

Name:  MR10233a.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  137.2 KB

Old 01-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Nice^^^ rep

Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 PM

Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ get that pic of the CGT, GT2 rs, and GT3 rs

Old 01-25-2012, 11:22 PM

Quick Reply: The GT2RS/GT2 Picture Thread......Go!