Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010 | 12:40 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
As Kuzi stated our dealer won't take money and actually I was told 800k-1 mil.

It won't sell but 25 copies at that price and Porsche would enter their 3rd year of Fail. If this car is to succeed it needs to be priced as the first cgt in the mid 400's.

Side note who cares if it has some hybrid characteristics? If it smokes most cars it's still 1 special piece of machinery

Old 04-02-2010 | 04:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I'm surprized jamie hasn't posted anything here.
I know less than you guys. Despite plunking down a deposit, I've heard nothing. Didn't even receive the mailer.

Old 04-02-2010 | 09:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
I got my interest form today also. I saw the 918 in person at Geneva last month and although I think RS Spyder style wheels would look better, the wheels on the car looked good in person.....excluding the clear plastic center pieces.
I really do think that they should give wheel options. Maybe the RS Spyders, custom rims to the 918, and maybe even an option for Carrera GT wheels. Of course every wheel option should have the same centerlocks as the Carrera GT.

Old 04-02-2010 | 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by h20skier
As Kuzi stated our dealer won't take money and actually I was told 800k-1 mil.

It won't sell but 25 copies at that price and Porsche would enter their 3rd year of Fail. If this car is to succeed it needs to be priced as the first cgt in the mid 400's.

Side note who cares if it has some hybrid characteristics? If it smokes most cars it's still 1 special piece of machinery
If Porsche gets firm orders for 700-1000 cars I really think the pricing will be in the 500-550k range. I really don't see them pricing the 918 at 800k unless they build under 500 cars and go the Ferrari Enzo route. One advantage of having the car priced in the 550k range instead of 450k is that it will help values of C-GT's.

Old 04-03-2010 | 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
I checked all three for contact.......mail, email, and phone!

Porsche! Build this baby!

Old 04-08-2010 | 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I checked all 3 as well.

Wait, what?

Old 04-09-2010 | 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Got the thing in the mail today. My fervent hope is they eschew all this green nonsense for a lighter, updated simple V10 with 700 HP and about 525 torque at $500k.

Old 04-09-2010 | 09:43 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
^what he said^

Old 04-09-2010 | 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
x2^^^

Old 04-09-2010 | 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^ x3

Tell them!! That is why you guys have the mailers.....