Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 918 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
My 918 Spyder

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of ordering a 918 Spyder w/ Weissach Package. I'll actually order the car in couple of days.

Basically my specs are ;

Argent GT Silver (no film wrap)
Lightweight sport bucket seats with silver piping with alcantara centers and with firmer padding
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Stone Guard Film
Lift System Front Axle
Carbon fiber interior with anti reflection
Cupholder
Fire Extinguisher
Air condition (not standart with weissach)
Burmester sound system (again not standart with weissach)

I still have not decided 100% about the color and color combination. If I go with GT silver, I am afraid that standart color of weissach wheels would make the car too light and not aggressive enough. There is a paint option for those wheels which is the platinum color (which is an option that mostly used for regular 918 wheels) and I like that color (never seen live, just from the photos), but my dealer told me that it's a color which is very close to GT Silver and he doubts that it will look good. What do you think I should do?

Another option is going Basalt Black with standart color of Weissach wheels, which looks amazing in my opinion but also doubt that if the black would show the car's lines as good as gt silver.

What are your opinions?

This is the platinum weissach wheels ;

This is the combination I would do if I go black ;

This might be either GT silver or Argent Metal Liquide (which I saw live and did not like) with the platinum weissach wheels ;

Thank you,

Salih

Last edited by salihbjk; 11-10-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
are u planning on keeping it? did u think about doing pts and go all out? like maritieme blue or birch green? in my mind if u can and want to order a car like that u should go crazy anyway a love both off your specs and i wish u a speedy delivery, most owners that already got it, got the car atleast 4 months later than the time they were given. u should get the optional interior trim as well..

my 0.2 cents

D

Old 11-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Hello,

Yes I'm planning on keeping it, but my only colour options are black or gt silver. I don't like the crazy colours actually. The delivery is August 2015.

What is the optional interior trim? I already got the full carbon interior package with reduced glare, that's the one you are talking about?

Originally Posted by Dyna
are u planning on keeping it? did u think about doing pts and go all out? like maritieme blue or birch green? in my mind if u can and want to order a car like that u should go crazy anyway a love both off your specs and i wish u a speedy delivery, most owners that already got it, got the car atleast 4 months later than the time they were given. u should get the optional interior trim as well..

my 0.2 cents

D

Old 11-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yup thats one i was talking about! if not interested in any bold colours i would go black with the silver wheels. maybe the brakes in gt silver with the porsche in black?

Old 11-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I love the silver one.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Conte Francesco Baracca is an unknown quantity at this point
I usually don't like black Porsches, but I do with the 918. However, I do prefer silver, and if I were ordering the car, I'd opt for the GT Silver. In my opinion, the car would look best with the platinum Weissach wheels.

I agree with your choice of the silver interior pinstriping. I'd also order the seatbelt straps with the same color.

I don't know if they're available, but I'd try to find smoke colored plastic lenses for the amber side markers and the red side markers. I'd also remove the e-hybrid badges on both sides of the car and the 918 Spyder badge on the rear.

I personally don't like the acid green brake calipers. Being that you ordered the Weissach package, you have carbon fiber side mirrors as well as a CF roof... I'd have Porsche specially prepare the calipers with a shade of dark gray to match the color of the carbon fiber.

I'd definitely order the air conditioner and the radio, even though you might never listen to it.

Congratulations on the 918 itself! It's a very classy looking Porsche, and if I were able to choose a P1, La Ferrari, or the 918, I'd go with the 918.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:33 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
This grey one is located in Connecticut. The color is Meteor Grey I read....

Old 11-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DJ
This grey one is located in Connecticut. The color is Meteor Grey I read....
You sure? I took this picture and 95% positive it stayed in New Jersey.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:13 AM
CH.
Teamspeed Senior Member
CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!CH. You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Congrats on the order!!!

Can't go wrong with either color.

There's a man in Canada who just took delivery of a black 918 with Weissach Package and platinum WP rims. Looks incredible. Pics can be seen on Rennteam.com, member Whoopsy. Member Atomic80 took the pics...

Carbon will be a lot more visible when you opt for GT-silver (roof, spoiler, mirrors...). I think the combination with the platinum painted WP rims wil go well with al the carbonfibre.

Hard decision to make, but a fun one. Keep us posted.

Personally, I very much like the brown/orange interior...

All the best

Old 11-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
black wheels.......needs to look meaner imo, white, black wheels, martini logo's, old school Porsche!!!

Quick Reply: My 918 Spyder