Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner - CGT

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
That makes me wonder how many active CGT owners there are on here.

Jamie, Kuzi, h20skier, condor, the silver-turned-black-and-often-on-the-'Ring, 2 others in this thread, highline....
rufMD, the arctic silver CGT, the signal yellow CGT, another red one, the guy with the white Gemballa Mirage ... I can't remember the nicks

Last edited by Zorro; 03-10-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful CGT!

Old 03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
how did i forget jas? *facepalm

Old 03-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
You Will Make A Big Mistake Powdercoating The Wheels. Don't.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
for the love of god and everything holy

if your this into high HP cars

put some twins on that CGT!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
peakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of lightpeakcompletions is a glorious beacon of light
HAHA thanks guys!!!

On the powdercoating being a big no no... why? Suggest just changing them out if I am wanting dark wheels? Not being ignorant serious wanting opinions.. I know there has been the debate about weakening the wheels themselves due to the process but if I am going to seriously push these wheels I would have a track set...

and on the twins... HAHAHA I would be so worried about muffling the sound and changing it.. I have so many highly modified cars I am looking forward to just some minor bolt ons for this bad boy at SP... exhaust, ecu etc... though boost is an addiction hahaha

Here is a vid of my car at SP on the dyno... the vid on the street was actually of Alex's car and what sold me on converting my car to the MS Racing Stage II Kit...

YouTube - SP Engineering Lamborghini LP640 MS Racing Stage 2 Exhaust Dyno - Flames 2

Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by peakcompletions
On the powdercoating being a big no no... why? Suggest just changing them out if I am wanting dark wheels? Not being ignorant serious wanting opinions.. I know there has been the debate about weakening the wheels themselves due to the process but if I am going to seriously push these wheels I would have a track set...

There is definitely a risk with weakening the wheels during the powder coating process. Another thing you need to consider is that the CGT wheels are magnesium, which may or may not make them even more susceptible to metal fatigue from the baking process.
As far as "pushing the wheels", they'll likely see the most abuse on the street due to the possibility of hitting a pothole/road construction/large road debris. Given the edgy nature of the car, a rim failure could become a very mortal mistake. Something to keep in mind.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the team! congrats on the cgt. those are def some powerful cars in the stable. that satin black gt is incredible. post some more pics, especially of the interior if you can

Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
I've got a weak spot for the Ford GT...really fun car to drive and dig the classic look. Insane hp numbers yours are pulling man, any more details/pics of the engines on those ?

Old 03-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Josh
There is definitely a risk with weakening the wheels during the powder coating process. Another thing you need to consider is that the CGT wheels are magnesium, which may or may not make them even more susceptible to metal fatigue from the baking process.
As far as "pushing the wheels", they'll likely see the most abuse on the street due to the possibility of hitting a pothole/road construction/large road debris. Given the edgy nature of the car, a rim failure could become a very mortal mistake. Something to keep in mind.
Porsche official workshop manual limits the repair/repaint of wheels to 3 times. I've also spoken to Porsche Cars GT about this and they confirmed.

Personally I would not let anyone outside the Porsche dealer network paint these wheels.

Quick Reply: New Owner - CGT