Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Teamspeed Porsche 918 Picture & Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:45 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't been this excited for a new model car since the GT3 RS 4.0!

Old 05-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by JCay
Very progressive to mount the engine upside down like that. Hot air rises. Makes total sense. Can't believe it's taken this long for anyone to do this!
Are you sure it is upside down?

Some mfgs of turbocharged cars have inverted the head configuration. So on a V style engine the exhaust ports are on the inside of the head pointing into the valley and the intake ports are on the outside of the head. Also there is less heat loss since the turbos usually sit in the valley - less exhaust piping.

Maybe they did this?

Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche 918 will be priced around €750.000. I know that this car will have some new technology, but is it really in price range with Pagani that is all carbon+carbon titianium; with monstrous engine; its handcrafted with superb attention to every single detail & there is possibility for full customization. Of course, we cant forget unique styling that Pagani is famous for.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
918 Sypder caught testing in Germany

That looks awesome! I love the creative camo too.

And I don't think the engine is upside down, I thought Porsche said they put the exhaust on top of the engine to lower the engine in the car, and most importantly keep the heat away from the batteries. Regardless, those exhaust pipes will probably project sound very well sticking out at the top of the car!

Last edited by Carrera; 05-11-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrera
...and most importantly keep the heat away from the batteries.
After seeing the Fisker burn to a crisp in Texas and then reading that the engine heat not being managed properly might be the cause, the exhaust sitting up top seems like a damn good idea. And it has the added benefit of looking Kick-Ace with what is assumed to be epic sounds coming from it.

BTW: Is that rear spoiler retractable? The leading edge of each side looks as if it's rounded...just enough to match the cutout above the taillights. While it looks awesome with the spoiler up, I'd love to see it with the spoiler down. It must look so sleek that way!

Last edited by dallascajun; 05-11-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Milanno
Porsche 918 will be priced around €750.000. I know that this car will have some new technology, but is it really in price range with Pagani that is all carbon+carbon titianium; with monstrous engine; its handcrafted with superb attention to every single detail & there is possibility for full customization. Of course, we cant forget unique styling that Pagani is famous for.
I don't think it's worth it, the Pagani is still in a different league
Originally Posted by dallascajun
After seeing the Fisker burn to a crisp in Texas and then reading that the engine heat not being managed properly might be the cause, the exhaust sitting up top seems like a damn good idea. And it has the added benefit of looking Kick-Ace with what is assumed to be epic sounds coming from it.

BTW: Is that rear spoiler retractable? The leading edge of each side looks as if it's rounded...just enough to match the cutout above the taillights. While it looks awesome with the spoiler up, I'd love to see it with the spoiler down. It must look so sleek that way!
The biggest benefit is compact turbo installation. Less heat loss (turbo equivalent to parasitic loss) due to shortened piping for both the exh side and the charge air side, especially when intercooled.

A few mfgs started doing this a couple years ago. It is a good idea and I imagine it will catch on more.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
samvesters is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Looks like it is retractable to me. Look at the shape of the body just above the taillights on the third pic.

Absolutely loving this car! Wish I had time to do a rendering of it

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
samvesters is an unknown quantity at this point
sloppy work but you get the point. Retracted spoiler.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of

Last edited by 81911; 06-17-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
j09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to all
I liked concept design better with intake goes upward. I backed down from odering it. Too expensive. Should be limited to less than 300 units to justify price IMO.

Quick Reply: The Official Teamspeed Porsche 918 Picture & Information Thread!