Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
flimflam is an unknown quantity at this point
This can't be right. What would he gain by running?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
This is weird. I don't think he went to SA to run from financial problems, but the insolvency, and the mom opening up a company in the same name is sort of weird. Maybe he was going to SA, some client heard he was going belly up, and they had already given him the 250k Euros, and they wanted to teach him a lesson??

Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
I remain unconvinced that Uwe Gemballa abandoned his family and "escaped" to South Africa. He has faced financial difficulty many times.
Time wil tell.....
Every man has breaking point. Maybe he's met his.... and isnt thinking clearly or logically.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Every man has breaking point. Maybe he's met his.... and isnt thinking clearly or logically.
Very true....

Not to compare, but we had a guy here "Stein bagger" who was CEO of one of the fastest growing IT companies. He had done some embesselment for approx 250 million $ - He was with his wife, kids and friends in Dubai and then he dissapeared. A week later he turned himself in to the police in the US....he just panicked and there was no logic involved....

Last edited by Zymi; 02-24-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget the guy flying his private jet into the IRS building last week.
Desperate times call for desperate measures

Old 02-23-2010, 08:58 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
From Autoblog.com

"This business with Uwe Gemballa just keeps getting sketchier and sketchier with each passing day. And by business, we mean business.

The founder and namesake of the Porsche tuning outfit was reported missing a couple of weeks ago upon a trip to South Africa. Initially the news was taken at face value, but then more reports began pouring in, indicating that the German authorities had raided the Gemballa headquarters and seized all the vehicles therein. Speculation ensued that Uwe's "disappearance" might not have been quite so accidental.

As the plot thickens, the latest reports suggest – verified by public records – that Uwe Gemballa opened a second company, with his 79-year-old mother as the sole stockholder, and had his wife (to whom he granted power of attorney) register the existing company for bankruptcy. And the kicker? The last time Uwe updated the company records was on February 5, only days before he vanished to Africa. Cue the "Unsolved Mysteries" theme song."

Old 02-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Did you actually read the thread or did you just hit the post button before even finishing the first page?
Yes I did, looks like I am pretty much right

Old 02-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to say this.... If he did in fact get kidnapped I feel for the guy and his family, BUT if he's running from financial problems and he is fine, hes gonna get caught the same way all of us (any real car guy) would get caught; especially a man with that past....... One day he's not gonna be able to resist and hes gonna build a Gemballa porsche based off the new turbo and hes gonna get caught driving down the South African highways doing 200mph. Thats my theory at least.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura aboutDarkShark has a spectacular aura about
That's really depressing. My pitifulness goes to his son and his wife. But I won't judge him until everything cleared up. I really hope the company is gonna make it as the employees deserve to keep their jobs. They did a really good job and were really nice when I worked there.

Quick Reply: Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing