Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2k10 GT3 silver with front lip painted to match, clear tails & more

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Looks quite good. I would prefer a nice yellow or red one but... Welcome to the Team, Pete! Nice car

Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
fun2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Thanks guys, this is my car. I had it detailed on delivery by Nathan from Cambridge Autogleam (UK) and these are his pictures.

Good spots on the spec DJ! Would have done the Tequipment carbon mirrors too but they are on backorder at the moment due to cold weather issues...

Regarding the front splitter, it rides at 93mm same as my Lambo and neve had a problem with that as long as the front lift is used with bumps and ramps etc. Anyway, the painting cost about 1 weeks depreciation!

More photos at:

Porsche 997 GT3.2 detailed - PureGT

Cheers

Pete
Wow looks really amazing whit the painted lip,didnt know it would look this good painted.The black lip on silver looks like a seperate piece attached to the front.

btw 93mm clearance for the front lip?? i measured mine and from the ground up its almost 103mm of clearance.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Love it.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks for all the comments guys. To respond to a few of your points:

Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Welcome Pete, car looks great!! Is that your orange Lamborghini as well?
Yes, the LP640's mine, its a MY09 car.

Originally Posted by DJ
Pete, welcome to the TEAM!
Were you able to have the factory paint the lower lip or did the dealer do it for you?
Factory wouldn't do the lip so was painted in the dealer's bodyshop

Originally Posted by fun2k
Wow looks really amazing whit the painted lip,didnt know it would look this good painted.The black lip on silver looks like a seperate piece attached to the front.

btw 93mm clearance for the front lip?? i measured mine and from the ground up its almost 103mm of clearance.
Must admit I took the 93mm ride height measure from Porsche's MY10 997 factbook which I have in PDF format - page 56 has the measures for every 997 variant. I'll get my steel ruler out this weekend to check it properly...

Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
nice car! congrats

Old 02-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
I think I like this color better than white
I agree the car looks best in Silver actually I think all the 997's look best in Silver, #2 white, last Black...

Old 02-05-2010, 05:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Invite your detailer friend here as well!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
HungryPillow is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm usually not a fan of painted front lips or even silver for that matter but some reason that car looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing

Old 02-06-2010, 05:45 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to allccjin is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Thanks for all the comments guys. To respond to a few of your points:

Yes, the LP640's mine, its a MY09 car.

Factory wouldn't do the lip so was painted in the dealer's bodyshop

Must admit I took the 93mm ride height measure from Porsche's MY10 997 factbook which I have in PDF format - page 56 has the measures for every 997 variant. I'll get my steel ruler out this weekend to check it properly...
Gt3 MkII ride hight is 93 mm , GT3 mk1 ride hight is ??? mm , because the rear brake cooling ducts... its the lowest point at the car.... see the pic (mk1 has no rear brake cooling ducts)

Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting, didn't know that duct was the lowest point. Oh well, it's location on the outside of the car and right near the axle probably protects it quite well.

Quick Reply: 2k10 GT3 silver with front lip painted to match, clear tails & more