Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which of these 3 options would you keep in?
Front Axle Lifting System $3,490
31.67%
Black Full Leather $3,285
50.00%
Carbon Packages (AC vents, knob/brake lever, entry guards) $3,430
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

2010 GT3RS April Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
buy the leather interior, and talk to MACarbon about intior trim pieces and add them later

Old 01-31-2010, 11:50 PM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by parkmonster
Thanks - do you think not having the list will materially affect resale value down the road? I'm betting it will not....
Do not option the car based on options for future buyer. Option it based on the options you want and know you'll use. Too many options is not good, as you'll never really see that money back.

The must have options on a GT3, which the RS already has.... Dynamic engine mounts and carbon bucket seat. The other must have options, to me, are full leather, full yellow stitching (may not be required due to you color combo), PCCBs, bluetooth, universal audio interface, mats and dynamic cornering lights (great for night driving). And maybe yellow seatbelts to match the PCCBs.

Anything else, is a waste of money. All those carbon part can be had much cheaper through aftermarket vendors. Most people hate the sport chrono on the dash and use a Trackmate at the tracks, which uses GPS to map tracks also takes videos and costs about $800. You can always sell it later and get your money back. Enhanced sound is debatable. And navigation, most people rarely use and if needed, any smartphone can give directions.

You'd save over $10K by taking out those extra options that are not really needed...

Whenever you do sell the car, it is more important to have the right options, than almost all the options.

Thats how I would have optioned my RS, instead, thats how I optioned my 10' GT3 since I did not want to wait

Last edited by GT3; 02-01-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JMD0977
Do not option the car based on options for future buyer. Option it based on the options you want and know you'll use. Too many options is not good, as you'll never really see that money back.
Yes, that is why I am not including axle lift nor the dynamic headlights. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
parkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond reputeparkmonster has a reputation beyond repute
Will probably go with the following after hearing feedback:

Old 02-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Cup holders?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
... You lose the carbon trim strip with cup holders, I believe.

Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by JAMS
... You lose the carbon trim strip with cup holders, I believe.
I understand that you lose the RS 3.8 lettering but the strip is still in CF. Am I wrong?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see pics. Congrats!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by B4rad
Can't wait to see pics. Congrats!
Unfortunately many months from now, bro!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by parkmonster
I understand that you lose the RS 3.8 lettering but the strip is still in CF. Am I wrong?
I do believe you are correct... here is how the Configurator shows it:

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3RS April Build