Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my mk2 GT3, sold the GTR still have the E92 M3 and Evo 9 MR. Here's my take.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Got my mk2 GT3, sold the GTR still have the E92 M3 and Evo 9 MR. Here's my take.

The pricing was finally right so I picked up my 2010 GT3 from Schneider Nelson in Jersey. Ed is the man by the way. White with sport buckets, dynamic engine mounts and nav, sound chrno. Given I just sold my GTR I'd give my brief review with pros and cons of all my toys.

Yes the GTR is faster. I don't care what anyone says. I immediately found out when I took my first drive off the lot in the GT3. I stalled. hehe. That clutch is heavy . All kidding aside, in the GT3 I had the sense that I was in a go kart. Not just in handling but aware that the engine was in the back, rear wheel drive and no weight in the front. For those who go kart, it's that immediate sense that you want to go fast to catch the guy in front but know that you'll spin out if you mash the gas in a turn. So every action I take is premeditated. Especially downshifting, entering a turn, etc. It's basicly what makes the GT3 so much fun.

In the GTR I could be drinking a latte while on the phone (hands free of course) and be able to just do the triple click from 6th to 3rd and just floor it. I'll feel like Neo where every other car is at a standstill and I just zig zag my way through. Which is fun in it's own way but can get you into trouble.

Given the GTR's setup, I know that I simply cannot shift faster than it so stop light drags are pointless. Around a racetrack or twisty road, the GTR just feels very safe. No white knuckle driving, it just turns and goes. The only fear is not running wide but running into the guy in front of you.

That's where the GTR's benefits end. The car is HUGE and the ride is harsh with a bite that it made me feel bad for my passengers. The GT3 is sublime. It feels alive. That sport button is insane. It's a true sports car in the sense that it's the best street legal GT race car you can buy.

Is the GT3 a daily driver? With the regular seats, maybe. The buckets, no. Getting in and out can be a pain when you slam your thigh into sidewall of the rigid bucket seat. The ride is perfect for a sports car though. Stiff but not harsh and definately no bite. The softer regular seats will add enough cushion to be able to drive in NYC.

The car is SUPER low so yeah, I wish I had the lift. Dealership experience was outstanding. I left feeling like the time I purchased my first Rolex. It was a nice feeling

Ok here are my preferences. If not listed, They stay home.

Tight Twisty two lane Road:

Evo. No other.

Twisty road:
1st: GT3
2nd: Evo
3rd: GTR

Wide open road:

Tie GTR GT3

Race track for laptimes and bullying:

GTR

Race track for fun:

1st: GT3,
2nd:M3

Going out to the city with friends:

M3 Chicks just love this car.

Snow/Rain/Ski trips:

Evo, Evo Evo!

Steering handling shifting

1st: GT3
2nd: Evo. A very close second
Tie: GTR's steering and handling better but I can shift the M3.

Horrible outside pic but she's all mine

The thug.

Last edited by s4awd; 01-28-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Fun write up, thanks and congrats!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:10 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up, enjoy the new car!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Nice perspective. The mk2 3'er is an awesome ride, and IMO a well worthy GTR upgrade, but as you noted, different levels of involvement.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
great choice! congrats and enjoy it in the best of health!

Old 01-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
great collection.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
You make me want to trade my GT-R in for a GT3

Old 01-28-2010, 01:55 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great info and congrats!

Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
nice writeup.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great review, lovely trio of vehicles!

Where in NY do you live if I may ask?

Quick Reply: Got my mk2 GT3, sold the GTR still have the E92 M3 and Evo 9 MR. Here's my take.